Last Film You Saw

GOOD
actually a streamed play by National Theatre, on at the cinemas. High production qualities so feels like a one set film from yesteryear, so it sort of counts.

2022 adaptation of CP Taylor's 1982 play about a subjectively 'good' man's slide into Nazism. This is a really fantastic study of how people possibly coped and rationalised what was happening to German society through the 30s and into the war. Some of the language is appallingly close to the present day (but that might be part of the adaptation, i haven't read the original material). It's really worth going to watch and support a local cinema. David Tennant is excellent.

Renfield, just no!

When the best thing about this is Nicholas Cage dialling it up to 11, the film's got issues. The cop was well played but Christ her voice is annoying.

The people who played the gangster mummy's boy and the matriarch of the crime family are truly stupifyingly awful in their roles. It's one of those ones where you come home the worse for wear, and there's nothing else on, you'll consider watching.

Renfield, just no!

When the best thing about this is Nicholas Cage dialling it up to 11, the film's got issues. The cop was well played but Christ her voice is annoying.

The people who played the gangster mummy's boy and the matriarch of the crime family are truly stupifyingly awful in their roles. It's one of those ones where you come home the worse for wear, and there's nothing else on, you'll consider watching.

Was looking forward to watching this! Maybe I’ll like it maybe it’s one of those films in years to come it be a classic?

GOTG 3, at last Marvel get something right, like the others decent story pulls at the heart strings, 8/10.

Went to see it yesterday afternoon. I'm no Marvel Fanboy but I found it really entertaining. Spoiler alert: Vin Diesel has to learn a different line of dialogue!
Great soundtrack too, especially The The, Radiohead, Beastie Boys, Faith No More & Florence.

The Shining - watched it for the umpteenth time tonight and still a great film. I’d never noticed until today though how Heath Ledger pinched some of Jack’s facial expressions for The Joker.

I rewatched The Spy Who Came In From The Cold, starring Richard Burton, he is excellent in this.
Superb cold war spy story. It gives you a sense of those bleak days behind the iron curtain.
8/10

Last edited:
Renfield, just no!

Agree with this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.