Last Film You Saw

It’s a long film 3hr20mins

There are a few old films I’ve never watched like Cleopatra and rebel without a cause! Am going to give them a watch and look for more “supposed” epic high rate films of the time!

Some great old films, shame some of the youth today won’t entertain them or films in general..

Watched Marlon Brando in On the Waterfront loved it..

What made a couple of those films stand out was the actor's decision to immerse themselves into the character. Their performances stand out miles from the 'traditional' acting of the time.

Way ahead of their times.

For example, the first time I saw "Rebel", in the 80's as a kid (and then I saw "The Outsiders" which was in very similar lines 30 years later!), it shocked me and I started to compare actors to that standard, which VERY few matched.

It's more the norm now, though.

Watched “There Will Be Blood” for the second time what a superb film. love the acting of Daniel Day-Lewis and he was brilliant in this..

The intersecting life stories of Daniel Plainview and Eli Sunday in early twentieth century California is presented. Miner turn oilman Daniel Plainview is a driven man who will do whatever it takes to achieve his goals. He works hard but he also takes advantage of those around him at their expense if need be. His business partner is his son H.W., who in reality he "acquired" when H.W.'s biological single father, who worked on one of Daniel's rigs, got killed in a workplace accident. Daniel is deeply protective of H.W. if only for what H.W. brings to the partnership. Eli Sunday is one in a pair of twins, whose family farm Daniel purchases for the major oil deposit located on it. Eli, the local preacher and a self-proclaimed faith healer, wants the money from the sale of the property to finance his own church. The lives of the two competitive men often clash as Daniel pumps oil off the property and tries to acquire all the surrounding land at bargain prices to be able to build a pipeline to the coast, and as Eli tries to build his own religious empire.

Greatest film actor of all time imho.

Asteroid City - 5/10.

Been looking forward to this for a while.
It won’t appeal to most.

For me though it was a bit too quirky for its own good. Bit of a let down.

I think even people who love Wes Anderson would only go as high as 7/10. It’s not one of his best.
Most people though I can see giving it a 2 or 3 as it is quite pointless and ermm different ha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.