Last Film You Saw

Raise the Titanic: Lost a shed load of money that film. Sir Lew Grade choked on his cigar and memorably said that it would have been cheaper to sink the Atlantic.
I quite like it. It's better than most of the other big budget toss that was being chucked out at the end of the 70s. I remember yawning through Beyond the Poseidon Adventure, The Swarm and The Day Time Ended about that time.

MI Dead Reckoning part 1, very formulaic like the others, lots of stunts with Cruise in, lots of Cruise running, but the actual premise of the story is a good one and very relevant at the moment, makes you wonder what could happen with AI!

After watching the new Mission Impossible I thought I’d give the others a whirl.
Mi 1 started it all and is quite a good albeit with a twist you’ll see a mile off, interesting how Cruise grows into the role later, he’s obviously not at his peak as a star but this goes a long way to putting him there 7/10
Mi 2 absolute garbage compared to the others director John Woo with all his slow mo crap and Ethan Hunt very much not the character he is in subsequent films, 4/10. weakest of all the franchise.

Flicking through the channels last night, mulling around for something good to watch, when up surfaced Tom Hanks, so we settled down for some seafaring razzle aboard the good ship Greyhound.

Those Wolfpacks had no idea just what or whom they were dealing with, as krause sauntered around his bridge, calmly relaying orders under enema fire with much stoicism and precision.

But that's him in a nutshell, and in-between action stations, he calmly berated two ratings for a scuffle below deck. He said and I quote " I will tolerate no more fisticuffs on my ship, so restore the relationships you have damaged and fill me with peace" I smiled and then I smiled some more!

You know what your getting with Tom and as expected the film did not disappoint, throwing you in at the deep end of an Atlantic convoy crossing, as it made its way through a maelstrom of deadly U-boats.

A gripping taste of World War II combat during the Battle of the Atlantic, with Hanks nothing short of the masterful as the good captain Krause. It would have been an honour to have served alongside him, but I wasn't too sure about his slippers, or flippant exchanges.

Krause: Charlie, what do you make of this target?
Charlie Cole: Most likely a U-boat, sir. : /

We score it 9/10:

Last edited:
MI Dead Reckoning part 1, very formulaic like the others, lots of stunts with Cruise in, lots of Cruise running, but the actual premise of the story is a good one and very relevant at the moment, makes you wonder what could happen with AI!
I see a few cam versions of it are floating around. I think I'll either actually spend money, and go and see it in the local cinematic emporium. Or wait until decent 1080 versions are out there. Which could be 2 or 3 months.

Duel in the Sun (1946) - 2/10

A rubbish western about a couple of men fighting over a girl they barely know. I know the Oscars are political but how Jennifer Jones got nominated for best actress I'll never know, she's terrible in it.

Watched “There Will Be Blood” for the second time what a superb film. love the acting of Daniel Day-Lewis and he was brilliant in this..

The intersecting life stories of Daniel Plainview and Eli Sunday in early twentieth century California is presented. Miner turn oilman Daniel Plainview is a driven man who will do whatever it takes to achieve his goals. He works hard but he also takes advantage of those around him at their expense if need be. His business partner is his son H.W., who in reality he "acquired" when H.W.'s biological single father, who worked on one of Daniel's rigs, got killed in a workplace accident. Daniel is deeply protective of H.W. if only for what H.W. brings to the partnership. Eli Sunday is one in a pair of twins, whose family farm Daniel purchases for the major oil deposit located on it. Eli, the local preacher and a self-proclaimed faith healer, wants the money from the sale of the property to finance his own church. The lives of the two competitive men often clash as Daniel pumps oil off the property and tries to acquire all the surrounding land at bargain prices to be able to build a pipeline to the coast, and as Eli tries to build his own religious empire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.