Last Film You Saw

Watched “There Will Be Blood” for the second time what a superb film. love the acting of Daniel Day-Lewis and he was brilliant in this..

The intersecting life stories of Daniel Plainview and Eli Sunday in early twentieth century California is presented. Miner turn oilman Daniel Plainview is a driven man who will do whatever it takes to achieve his goals. He works hard but he also takes advantage of those around him at their expense if need be. His business partner is his son H.W., who in reality he "acquired" when H.W.'s biological single father, who worked on one of Daniel's rigs, got killed in a workplace accident. Daniel is deeply protective of H.W. if only for what H.W. brings to the partnership. Eli Sunday is one in a pair of twins, whose family farm Daniel purchases for the major oil deposit located on it. Eli, the local preacher and a self-proclaimed faith healer, wants the money from the sale of the property to finance his own church. The lives of the two competitive men often clash as Daniel pumps oil off the property and tries to acquire all the surrounding land at bargain prices to be able to build a pipeline to the coast, and as Eli tries to build his own religious empire.

Absolutely brilliant film. Easily in my top 5. DDL gives one of the best acting performances ever imo.
(Can I suggest using the spoiler button in your review)

I just watched Jungle starring Harry Potter
Pretty crap film
4/10

"Sunshine" with Cillian Murphy.

Biggest load of shit since "The Blair Witch project".

One film I saw last week that I did like was "Good Will Hunting" with Robin Williams, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck.

Mi 3 better than 2 by miles, you could see how the franchise was taking off now, good story 7/10 shout out to Philip Seymour Hoffman who is a sadly no longer with us.

The GOTG films have all been good unlike many other sequels, I agree with what you say to a degree the IW and Endgame were the pinnacle since then absolute shite but GOTG have been consistently good.

"GotG 3" is the best of the lot of them.

I include all the Marvel films produced under Feige. Best pacing, best storytelling, best arc.

It's so well done. Even for making one of the characters more babyish than in the comics, I really enjoyed it being an homage to the comic books in a proper way.

I didn't much like the first hour - angry people shouting at each other with little positivity - after that it clicked into gear and turned into a good film. It may be that you'd enjoy the second half.

It doesn't help that Karen Gillan has one expression - the scowl - and (whether it's her or the character as written) has always been an angrybot.

The character had a shit life as adopted daughter under 'Thanos', so she's cynical about everything and everyone, so exhibits a hard shell as protection.

I like Gillan's performance as 'Nebula'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.