Last Film You Saw

The Flash

Other than Michael Keaton,its abysmal.
Sorry definitely don't agree with you, I loved it, the whole concept was great, I personally thought the action and comedy was perfectly balanced, Michael Keaton was excellent and the small cameos where a nice touch, I had a small tear in my eye when (you know who) made a appearance near the end..

My pace of film. Love that kind of movie, the crash bang wallop John Wick and CJI type shit can do one, rubbish.
I think we're the same there. Love slow burners.

I rewatched "There Will Be Blood" last week, similar pace film.
If there is a film with a better performance than Daniel Day-Lewis in that I haven't seen it.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree, if the film can get the green light from the producers with the view that it’s probably not going to be a commercial success then good for them. All I was pointing out was that it’s not going to appeal to the vast majority of cinema goers and maybe it isn’t designed to. That of course doesn’t mean artistic films shouldn’t exist, they absolutely have their place.
Would I recommend those that want an entertainment element to view it, probably not.
"I read that as if it were lines from a Wes Anderson script" I wrote as I sat in my gym shorts, smoking a pipe and wearing my favourite blue hat.

Sorry definitely don't agree with you, I loved it, the whole concept was great, I personally thought the action and comedy was perfectly balanced, Michael Keaton was excellent and the small cameos where a nice touch, I had a small tear in my eye when (you know who) made a appearance near the end..

The action/CGI was terrible and the comedy was not funny,felt very juvenile and like it had been written by someone trying too hard.The actor who plays The Flash is also awful,so maybe that was the main problem.

The best bits of the film were the trailers......which always speaks volumes.

But glad you enjoyed it,

Just saw Oppenheimer.

Visually/cinematically stunning. Cillian Murphy and the cast are fantastic. The run time didn't bother me at all.

The actual story is ... okay.

Good movie, not a great one. I'm not sure what story it was actually trying to tell and felt like it crammed way too much in.

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion.

also Asteroid City - 7/10

i'm interested in Wes Anderson films because they are not of the mainstream making, he has carved out a very unique style, which i respect in an art form. I'm not a devoted 'fan' by any stretch though. However his films do seem to be becoming cliches of themselves, particularly his previous outing, the French Dispatch. Anyway, this film is a little odd, as you'd expect, but the usual beautiful pastel colours and deadpan cinematography is there (both in acting and shots). It's got more meaning to it than some recent ones, which ticks it up from 6 to 7.
I thought it was great 8/10

Up There.
Understated Brit Indy film.
A little slow IMO but a good film.
7.5/10
On Iplayer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.