Last Film You Saw

blueincy said:
I know, I thought that but give it a go anyway and found it was actually good jim..
Better than the Gambler anyway, with a better script..
But; he can't act. Then again, that never hampered Stallone, Willis, Schwarzenegger etc etc.

War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise has just come on CH5. OK first half hour, is it worth sticking with?

rushts said:
mackenzie said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
The Wildest Dream - 9/10
Documentary film about George Mallory's attempt to summit Everest decades before Hillary and puts to the test could himself and Irvine actually made it to the summit before dying on the mountain. Brilliant watch, these guys when you see the equipment they had and what they were up against....it truely boggles the mind how you would even contemplate it?. Made of different stuff back then they were.

I remember hearing of this film in the news articles when Natasha Richardson died, but had forgotten about it since. Always been fascinated by Mallory etc so will try and get to see it.
Thanks for the reminder ;-)

Great call. i will definitely watch this. I am hooked with anything Everest, and the fact that Mallory was a Cheshire boy (Mobberley), brings it all closer to home.

I watched a documentary where Mallory stated he would put a photograph of his wife on top of Everest and the fact that when his body was found there was no photograph on his person, some people suggest that he did indeed make it. But i'm sure this will be mentioned in the film :-)
It is fascinating and more so when you imagine trying to climb it before anyone else has found a path and as they say in the film wearing nothing more than what would be considered good for a walk in the park. Incredibly brave and heroic men. Been on a buzz of watching Everest docu'mentaries at the moment. Seen one about the lad David Sharpe who was left to die up there as scores of people past him by and it broke my heart thinking how lonely his last hours must of been

blue underpants said:
War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise has just come on CH5. OK first half hour, is it worth sticking with?
It's not THAT bad, considering Cruise is in it. The SFX are fairly decent. Your standard "switch off your brain before watching" Hollywood fayre, I suppose.

The Guest - courtesy of TCIB productions.

Totally predictable but utterly enjoyable. It was hard to dislike the main character, despite him being a baddie and bearing an uncanny resemblance to part-time footballer and full-time celebrity fuckwit David Beckham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.