Last Film You Saw

Still on now on talking pictures but still the last film I saw.
The French Connection.
Surely the best cop film by a mile.
That's a good debate. It's up there for sure. The Departed has a shout in think. (despite the final shot). Seven also for me. Silence of the Lambs. And Beverly Hills Cop as well if I'm being honest with myself!

I went to watch it yesterday afternoon and those are my exact same thoughts on it.
It just dragged on and on,with far to many courtroom/ congressional hearings in it.
In fact the only part I really enjoyed was the 20 minutes or so leading up to the Trinity/first test explosion in the desert.
Enjoyed the film but thought they should have made more of the use of the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
They missed a chance to show the awful effects of the Atom bomb, Apart from a few imaginary visions he had, there was nothing to show what they unleashed and I think they should have shown what that decision realised on the ground.
Ive been to the peace park in Hiroshima and its a sobering thought provoking place.
But at the end I came away with the impression he was a great manager of the project but what breakthrough was made was obviously a team effort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.