Last Film You Saw

Visiting the old dear so put a film on for her 'Are you there God ? It's Me Margaret'. Didn't think it'd be my thing but ended up watching it myself, a thoroughly charming mix of coming-of-age movie interspersed with a simple commentary on the banality of religious differences. Great cameo from Kathy Bates as the Jewish grandmother. Very funny in places.

Any decent Nick Cage films out there?

In terms of his recent stuff, Color Out of Space is brilliant. Bizarre but highly watchable sci-fi Lovecraft horror. Mandy also very good and in a similar style, kinda Hellraiser on acid vibes.

Pig is some of his best traditional acting work in ages.

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent is a funny and self-deprecating look at his career and persona.

Prisoners of the Ghostland is one I didn't really like, but there's still something kinda fascinating about it. Super quirky film. Like a Japanese samurai apocalyptic Western... almost feels more like a video game than a film, that one. Speaking of games, he also did a "Five Nights at Freddy's" style movie recently called Willy's Wonderland, which I hate because he doesn't have a single line of dialogue in it. Fuckin' stupid hiring Nic Cage and keeping him silent for 90 minutes. But maybe some people who hate his mannerisms might actually like that one.

For funny stuff, Army of One is really good, where he plays this daft old chap who decides to go and kill Bin Laden by himself. Only downside with that one is that it also has Russell Brand.

Mom and Dad is also a laugh where he and Selma Blair pay a pair of parents that just turn psycho and try to kill their kids. Sounds morbid as fuck but it's done in a very funny black-comedy style.

Going back further, there's all the obvious stuff like Con-Air, Raising Arizona, Face/Off, The Rock, Joe, Lord of War, Adaptation, 8mm, Leaving Las Vegas... cute rom-coms like The Family Man and It Could Happen to You are kinda nice to watch now and then as well. And even the duds like The Wicker Man are funny to watch with a couple of bottles of something or other. Oh and, for families, I remain convinced that the National Treasure movies are some of the best pound-for-pound entertainment you can get.

Yeah, I'm a BIG Cage fan and I'll proudly die and be buried on that hill. Think he's bloody brilliant. He's made some absolute stinkers but at least he's not afraid to just try pretty much anything and actually give a performance worth watching. Hadn't realised Sympathy for the Devil was already available online actually, I'll get that streamed later today before the match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.