Last Film You Saw

Talking of Nolan films flipping back and forth from different times.

On tonight, BBC2 HD @ 23:00 - Memento (2000)

D2tBOcn.jpg

Suffering from short term memory loss after a head injury, Leonard Shelby embarks on a grim quest to find the lowlife who murdered his wife.

Teddy: "Lenny!"
Watched it last week it didn't disappoint.

Barbie (yes, i went there) - 7/10

An odd film, but strangely enjoyable. Super saturated colours and real (i think) sets make this a bit of a treat for the eyes, cinematically they've done a decent job with this film. The humour is strange, dry and quirky, and it raises a few chuckles. It's not really a kids film (12 rated to be fair), much to the disappointment (and my hilarity) of the mother and 6 year old (!) kids in tow, sat behind me.

I am not sure the film offers too much new on women's rights? is anything new said? then again, should it have to? why is it that a film ostensibly about women and their plight should then go ahead and have to solve it all? we've been subjected to many 'lads' and 'roadtrip' movies over the years that are meaningless drivel, so why can't Barbie be mainly fun with a medium strength message? overall it's harmless, i enjoy seeing blokes getting in a right old tizzy about it.

Barbie (yes, i went there) - 7/10

An odd film, but strangely enjoyable. Super saturated colours and real (i think) sets make this a bit of a treat for the eyes, cinematically they've done a decent job with this film. The humour is strange, dry and quirky, and it raises a few chuckles. It's not really a kids film (12 rated to be fair), much to the disappointment (and my hilarity) of the mother and 6 year old (!) kids in tow, sat behind me.

I am not sure the film offers too much new on women's rights? is anything new said? then again, should it have to? why is it that a film ostensibly about women and their plight should then go ahead and have to solve it all? we've been subjected to many 'lads' and 'roadtrip' movies over the years that are meaningless drivel, so why can't Barbie be mainly fun with a medium strength message? overall it's harmless, i enjoy seeing blokes getting in a right old tizzy about it.
All well and good but does Robbie get naked?

Just got in from watching it and also found it overlong and wasn't really blown away (despite the blast). It was alright, but not sure why it needed to be as long as it was.
I went to watch it yesterday afternoon and those are my exact same thoughts on it.
It just dragged on and on,with far to many courtroom/ congressional hearings in it.
In fact the only part I really enjoyed was the 20 minutes or so leading up to the Trinity/first test explosion in the desert.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.