Last Film You Saw

That's partially correct, but I think you'll find the weak stories and over diversifying of content has been the most problem to films. I don't think the audience minds a reasonable amount of diversity in films, but to over saturate has been an issue and, as I say, the poor baseline to stories just to get them out has stopped audience participation.

Basically, the balance is all off.

There are levels of 'inclusion' that's completely fine, but to have agendas smashed in your face is off putting as a whole, especially if a storyline doesn't reflect it as a baseline.
There has always been genres that dominated the cinema at some time.

WW2, Westerns, Disaster, Vietnam, Mafia etc but the Marvel films made the movie companies so fearful about putting anything else out.

And it just went on far too long, the early ones were decent but they just became repetitive, dull and safe.

Diversity & Inclusion in historic movies drives me potty.

Imagine a movie set in Egyptian times with a load of ginger gods?

There has always been genres that dominated the cinema at some time.

WW2, Westerns, Disaster, Vietnam, Mafia etc but the Marvel films made the movie companies so fearful about putting anything else out.

And it just went on far too long, the early ones were decent but they just became repetitive, dull and safe.

I had a think about what you said and I understand where you're coming from.

This is what I'll say about it; cinema is reflective (as a rule) of society with Disasters (can happen any time) Westerns being the outlier.

I think in today's popular cinema/ Hollywood, they are looking for ways to attractive the next gen of seat occupiers and that's 'Gen Z' who are SUPER diverse and split in the general interest. They're, also, short form in concentration and need something to catch the attention.

I think this is why the storylines are shallow now and make little sense, all subbed for types of representation that can be identified.

I think this why I've found myself gravitating much more to the cinema production of A24 studios, who lead with storyline content first.

Last edited:
I had a think about what you said and I understand where you're coming from.

This is what I'll say about it; cinema is reflective (as a rule) of society with Disasters (can happen any time) Westerns being the outlier.

I think in today's popular cinema/ Hollywood, they are looking for ways to attractive the next ben of seat occupiers and that's 'Gen Z' who are SUPER diverse and split in the general interest. They're, also, short form in concentration and need something to catch the attention.

I think this is why the storylines are shallow now and make little sense, all subbed for types of representation that can be identified.

I think this why I've found myself gravitating much more to the cinema production of A24 studios, who lead with storyline content first.
Great reply and thanks for the tip on A24, will check that out.

In A Valley Of Violence.
Western.

Ethan Hawke
John Travolta

I enjoyed this one. Both played great parts. Quite violent. 7/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.