Last Film You Saw

I saw the TV glow.

I really try to find the positives in a film, but this was just pointless. One of the worst films I've seen in a long time.
Agreed. Switched it off after 40 mins.
Had a look online on where the "story" went after that and, if anything, it sounds like it got worse. If that's even possible.

The Maltese Falcon 10/10
Although it's a 2 hour film and I'd seen (but forgotten much of) it before, time flew past... not a single dull moment.

Some of the over-the-top, 1940's script was funny, if obviously unbelievable, such as when Spade passionately kisses Wonderly and all of the quasi-romance that ensues; at film's end Spade seems to actually contemplate letting Wonderly off the hook for killing his partner! LOL.

I especially enjoyed the Gutman character, excellently portrayed by Sydney Greenstreet.

Kasper Gutman : You're a close-mouthed man?
Sam Spade : Nah, I like to talk.
Kasper Gutman : Better and better. I distrust a close-mouthed man. He generally picks the wrong time to talk and says the wrong things. Talking's something you can't do judiciously, unless you keep in practice.
[sits back]
Kasper Gutman : Now, sir. We'll talk, if you like. I'll tell you right out, I am a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk.
Sam Spade : Swell. Will we talk about the black bird?

Ghostbuster Frozen Empire.

Absolutely loved Afterlife, this one felt completely empty. The whole villain story was just so weak, and the original characters may aswell not have been there, best I can describe it is too much going on without much happening.

5/10.

Sleeping Dogs
Suffering from memory loss, a former homicide detective tries to solve a brutal murder that he can't recall. As he pieces together evidence from a decade-old investigation, he soon uncovers a sinister web of buried secrets tied to his forgotten past"
gets low scores but I found it enjoyable. Russell Crowe stars. 7/10

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.