Last Film You Saw

The Ministry For UngentleManly Warfare. (2024)

I Managed to track this film down on the Sky Store, but turned off after half an hour. I love a good war film, but maybe my asperations were set too high, I didnt realise the film was designed as a tongue in cheek affair.

I'd say it was a cross between the Dirty Dozen, Robin Hood, The A team, Kill Bill, and those muderously wonderful Inglorias Bastards. I made it to the first raid were they were instructed to free one of the chosen few from a heavily defended German compound, but was left mouth aghast, at the comic antics that unfolded. Mein gotte das ist nicht gut!

Aparantly it was based on an SBS type true story, and what should have been a serious, tension-filled drama should not have been so Gun- ho silly. My bad, as I probably misread the mechanics of the film, and will have to pop back for a second sitting owing to the high reviews it got.

A blast from the sten gun, a quick lob of a pineapple, and then all back home in time for tea.

1st sitting. 6/10

It's got that **** from Reacher in it, awful 'actor' , i'll give it a miss

Put Once upon a time in America on Friday evening to watch with my daughter but I'd forgotten it was over 3 hours long. Watched half and we're going back to it next week. Great film if a not little long.

Put Once upon a time in America on Friday evening to watch with my daughter but I'd forgotten it was over 3 hours long. Watched half and we're going back to it next week. Great film if a not little long.
Not seen James Woods in much recently not sure if he is still alive? Top actor one of my favourites.

Furiosa I thought it was good, maybe 30 mins too long and a bit of dodgy CGI, very clever how the young girl and the grown up Furiosa blend and the fact she looks similar to Charlize Theron as this is a prequel. 7/10

I am: Celine Dion, on amazon prime.

That poor fucking woman. That seizure she had towards the end was fucking heartbreaking.

Furiosa I thought it was good, maybe 30 mins too long and a bit of dodgy CGI, very clever how the young girl and the grown up Furiosa blend and the fact she looks similar to Charlize Theron as this is a prequel. 7/10
Thought it was poor in my opinion 5/10 and that’s being generous

The Bikeriders: Okay but a little over - hyped I thought (Bikers gang membership beats jobs and family). Bit like Brando's "The Wild One" updated with Austin Butler playing a James Dean character. However, very good performances (and accents) by Brits Jodie Comer and Tom Hardy.

Furiosa.

It was good, but seeing as Fury Road is one of the very best action movies ever made, it was never going to live up to that, especially as they showed clips of Fury Road at the end of Furiosa, it just hammered home how utterly amazing Fury Road is. So much bad cgi really let this down, so I'd say 7/10 is fair.

Furiosa.

It was good, but seeing as Fury Road is one of the very best action movies ever made, it was never going to live up to that, especially as they showed clips of Fury Road at the end of Furiosa, it just hammered home how utterly amazing Fury Road is. So much bad cgi really let this down, so I'd say 7/10 is fair.
Why does appear to have speeded up action in the background in both films, I’m assuming this is intentional but it looks odd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.