Last Film You Saw

I watched the Parallax View at the weekend, I enjoy a good 70s paranoid thriller, what struck me was how dumbed down so much of modern film has become, spoon feeding the audience, The Parallax View seems almost documentary in comparison, long lingering shots, great cinematography, with a definite slower pace than contemporary cinema, & their migraine inducing jump cuts.
Monday night we went to see Alien Romulus, I’m a self confessed Alien geek, so, I might be a tad biased, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, & was very much entertained! it was very “Ronseal” it did exactly what it set out to do, with an added wtf! moment.

I watched the Parallax View at the weekend, I enjoy a good 70s paranoid thriller, what struck me was how dumbed down so much of modern film has become, spoon feeding the audience, The Parallax View seems almost documentary in comparison, long lingering shots, great cinematography, with a definite slower pace than contemporary cinema, & their migraine inducing jump cuts.
Monday night we went to see Alien Romulus, I’m a self confessed Alien geek, so, I might be a tad biased, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, & was very much entertained! it was very “Ronseal” it did exactly what it set out to do, with an added wtf! moment.
There's no doubt that films from 70s and prior are generally superior in terms of cinematography, filming, placement of shots, the way a director tells a story. For instance, watch Ingmar Bergman films now and they seem a world away from modern cinema.

Looking forward to seeing Romulus next week as I love the Alien films too. I am a bi cinemagoer but haven't been down since 1 July. Unusual for me in recent years.

The union

Started of ok and thought it was going to be really good 5.8/10 oh looks like they'll be another one
Even JK Simmons (Er; and Halle Berry!) couldn't rescue this one. 3.5/10. I'm never sure what to make of Mark Wahlberg as an actor. He's a bit "meh" for me. He doesn't have great screen presence, in my opinion.

Even JK Simmons (Er; and Halle Berry!) couldn't rescue this one. 3.5/10. I'm never sure what to make of Mark Wahlberg as an actor. He's a bit "meh" for me. He doesn't have great screen presence, in my opinion.
JK Simmons, what a legend.

Watched the new Alien film at the cinema today really enjoyed it , thought it was the best big film this year. All the other big films have been shite.

Oddity (2024) - An Irish supernatural ghost story released in US cinema's last week is the latest buzz amongst horror circles. A UK Premiere on 16th August, and streaming exclusively on HBO Max in November.

Rated 96% on RT

Oddity (2024) - Available to d/l from the usual sauces.

uBl3TgK.png

A psychic medium attempts to go after those responsible for her twin sister's death using haunted items as her tools for revenge.

Dkse2Jj.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.