Last Film You Saw

Twisters actress being Daisy Edgar-Jones? She's seriously beautiful (though I have saw some people call her 'plain' - probably because she looks like a normal girl next door and isn't caked in loads of make up all the time).

She's really good in a film called 'Where the Crawdads Sing' - look into that.
nude scene in normal people where she played a great part

Watched Die Hard with my daughter last week. Wasn't sure if she'd like it.. she gave it 10/10 and absolutely loved it! The only film to have a 10 before this was Goodfellas. I'd not seen it for years myself, so it was me kind of watching it for the first time because I'd forgotten what happened(well, I knew the good guy won-just the bits before that) Oh and all them years ago, if you'd of told me Gruber was a City fan in real life ,I'd of sent for the yellow van. Great film!

Just back from watching Alien Romulus. A bit meh if i'm honest. Tries to re-create the atmosphere and tension of the first film, and to an extent it succeeds - the set design is great and the judicious use of CGI is welcoming. However it's ultimately a little too referential to the original source and some of the nods to previous films felt over-contrived. The opening third of the film is when it's at its weakest, some wooden acting from the young cast, not helped by the poor script - felt like Twilight in space. Once they're at the space station thing things hot up, and it pretty much turns into an all-out horror. It's just very lacking in imagination (other than one cleverly done anti-grav scene) and the ending is fricking ridiculous. One thing going for it though is the absence of all the w@nky cod-phillosophy guff of the last couple Ridley Scott films. I was never bored and as a fan of the horror genre it appealed to me more than it might to others. 6.5/10

Last edited:
Watched Die Hard with my daughter last week. Wasn't sure if she'd like it.. she gave it 10/10 and absolutely loved it! The only film to have a 10 before this was Goodfellas. I'd not seen it for years myself, so it was me kind of watching it for the first time because I'd forgotten what happened(well, I knew the good guy won-just the bits before that) Oh and all them years ago, if you'd of told me Gruber was a City fan in real life ,I'd of sent for the yellow van. Great film!
Die Hard is brilliant. Good to see it's getting some love from a new generation.

Watched Strictly Ballroom yesterday for maybe the 5th or 6th time and I'm still sobbing at the end. It's very uncinematic until people start sliding around on their knees BUT it moves me every time I watch it. 9/10

As I'm on holiday we rewatched the Princess Bride (for about the 20th) with the kids. Very simple but smart film 9/10

Then as my son recommended it to his grandad we watched Grand Budapest Hotel. It's never as good as I remember maybe because I pay less attention each time 8/10
I also rewatched Life Aquatic for the first time last week and I think I prefer that 9/10

Die Hard is brilliant. Good to see it's getting some love from a new generation.

Watched Strictly Ballroom yesterday for maybe the 5th or 6th time and I'm still sobbing at the end. It's very uncinematic until people start sliding around on their knees BUT it moves me every time I watch it. 9/10

As I'm on holiday we rewatched the Princess Bride (for about the 20th) with the kids. Very simple but smart film 9/10

Then as my son recommended it to his grandad we watched Grand Budapest Hotel. It's never as good as I remember maybe because I pay less attention each time 8/10
I also rewatched Life Aquatic for the first time last week and I think I prefer that 9/10
Never seen any of them. I might check em out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.