Last Film You Saw

Sword of Lancelot (1963)​

Bit of a euphemism in the film title but a cracking yarn nontheless, if you like this type of stylised sword and sandal fayre it's half decent.

8/10
I'll give it a whirl.
Never seen that mate.
Some of my favorites sword n sandles..
Clash of the titans.
Jason and the Argonauts.
Gladiator.
Sinbad films.
Ben Hur.
Ten commandments.. ect ..
Love em.
Especially the old ones.

Watched 'To Leslie' on netflix last night.

A tough watch about alcoholism, but a very good film. Just what I needed after coming back from holiday and feeling like shite already!

A few elements you'd like to know a bit more about but 7/10.

Saw a trailer for the Christopher Reeves movie so decided to fire up Superman, it’s in 4k and Dolby Atmos, just wow it looks and sounds amazing for a 46 year old film! Reeves will always be the Superman even with all the reboots and new one next year 8/10.
The documentary on his life looks very good as well.

There's no doubt that films from 70s and prior are generally superior in terms of cinematography, filming, placement of shots, the way a director tells a story. For instance, watch Ingmar Bergman films now and they seem a world away from modern cinema.

Looking forward to seeing Romulus next week as I love the Alien films too. I am a bi cinemagoer but haven't been down since 1 July. Unusual for me in recent years.
Alien: Romulus is a bit of a greatest hits package but at least it’s made by someone who realised that the first movie is just a really tense monster movie and doesn’t need a massive pointless back story. It was very entertaining and much better than I was expecting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.