Last Film You Saw

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.

Despite what I'm reading online, Michael Keaton was just not the same this time round, his voice is obviously different and it just didn't feel the same.

It was OK, but then the original is superb, 7/10.

Mrs. M and I are trying to watch as many horror movies as we can in October - here are the five we managed in the last few days.

1. Poltergeist (remake not original) - a perfectly competent movie from the hugely-overused 'family moves to new house, led by brave but sceptical dad and hard-working devoted mum, and suddenly strange things start happening to one or more of their kids' trope. Enjoyed it enough but it was rarely scary and also this whole plot device is overused as fuck by now.
2. Sinister (About 12 years old and very good IMO - it's about a true crime author whose ambition gets himself tangled up in a case that he isn't prepared for, and that could put his whole family in danger - Ethan Hawke stars and as ever he is excellent).
3. Ready or Not (We were lied to by Disney+ because this is not a horror at all, it's a black comedy. But I still enjoyed it so much - I love a good black comedy). It's about a bride who gets caught up in a sick family initiation ritual where either her rich new family find and kill her before dawn, or the whole family is killed by the devil.
4. Mr Crocket - this came out a couple of days ago. It is such a fantastic fucking concept! But I felt that the movie itself didn't live up to the standards of how good it could have been. Enjoyed it but it could have been on the creepy/unsettling level of It or Don't Hug Me I'm Scared and it wasn't.
5. Insidious Chapter 2 - Very few movies have ever scared me like the original Insidious and unfortunately the second one comes nowhere close. Still alright tho - nothing on the level of the scenes from the first one.

Beetle juice 2 too much going on and not enough Keaton very poor really 6/10

I see what you're saying and I agree that the second movie is nowhere near as good as the first, but Keaton is barely in the first film at all. He probably gets ten minutes of screentime. There is no other movie I can think of where one of the central two characters is on screen for so little time (Before you say it, Lecter gets more time in Scilence of the Lambs).

I fell in love with the stage show first and in that, Beetlejuice is undeniably the main character and the central threat. In both of Burton's movies he's kind of a side character - a spice to add to the story, not much else.

Interestingly I did think the Last Duel was a very good film, based on a real life incident. The battle scenes and the final duel were very impressive. I also felt that Damon, an underrated actor, gave a decent performance.
I loved “The Duelist” -is this cut of the same Cloth?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.