Last Film You Saw

I loved “The Duelist” -is this cut of the same Cloth?
The Duelist wasn't bad but the basic premise was odd. Two French cavalry officers (Harvey Keitel and Keith Carradine) fighting a succession of duels over the years over some perceived slight. You half expected them at the end to fight in wheelchairs with zimmer frames as weapons . The Last Duel is the better film with much more plot and action.

The substance.

I enjoyed it up to a point. The ideas were predictable but how they were done wasn't if that makes sense. Tooo long. Probably would have made a better short movie.
Definitely a quirky film - but yeah,could have done with a good 15 mins shaved off.....

I loved “The Duelist” -is this cut of the same Cloth?
Ridley Scotts The Last Duel (2021) shares most of its DNA from Akira Kurosawa's Rashomon (1950), except Rashomon did it better 70 years ago.

The closest film to The Duellists (1977) is Stanley Kubricks Barry Lyndon (1975) in terms of style, setting with added painting like cinematography.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.