Last Film You Saw

Mrs. M and I are trying to watch as many horror movies as we can in October - here are the five we managed in the last few days.

1. Poltergeist (remake not original) - a perfectly competent movie from the hugely-overused 'family moves to new house, led by brave but sceptical dad and hard-working devoted mum, and suddenly strange things start happening to one or more of their kids' trope. Enjoyed it enough but it was rarely scary and also this whole plot device is overused as fuck by now.
2. Sinister (About 12 years old and very good IMO - it's about a true crime author whose ambition gets himself tangled up in a case that he isn't prepared for, and that could put his whole family in danger - Ethan Hawke stars and as ever he is excellent).
3. Ready or Not (We were lied to by Disney+ because this is not a horror at all, it's a black comedy. But I still enjoyed it so much - I love a good black comedy). It's about a bride who gets caught up in a sick family initiation ritual where either her rich new family find and kill her before dawn, or the whole family is killed by the devil.
4. Mr Crocket - this came out a couple of days ago. It is such a fantastic fucking concept! But I felt that the movie itself didn't live up to the standards of how good it could have been. Enjoyed it but it could have been on the creepy/unsettling level of It or Don't Hug Me I'm Scared and it wasn't.
5. Insidious Chapter 2 - Very few movies have ever scared me like the original Insidious and unfortunately the second one comes nowhere close. Still alright tho - nothing on the level of the scenes from the first one.
Watched Oddity the other night, give it a try very creepy

Midas Man. Brian Epstein biopic. Production hit by Covid delays, and 3 directors. Good performances by Jacob Fortune-Lloyd as Epstein and by "The Beatles" but they didn't get rights to use any Lennon-McCartney music. Eddie Marsan and Emily Watson as his parents, and Eddie Izzard as the Beatles' first manager.

Sad ending of course but fun on the way. No theatrical releease, just streaming from 30th October. (Many worse films in cinemas.)

Midas Man. Brian Epstein biopic. Production hit by Covid delays, and 3 directors. Good performances by Jacob Fortune-Lloyd as Epstein and by "The Beatles" but they didn't get rights to use any Lennon-McCartney music. Eddie Marsan and Emily Watson as his parents, and Eddie Izzard as the Beatles' first manager.

Sad ending of course but fun on the way. No theatrical releease, just streaming from 30th October. (Many worse films in cinemas.)
What service is this on mate?

The substance.

I enjoyed it up to a point. The ideas were predictable but how they were done wasn't if that makes sense. Tooo long. Probably would have made a better short movie.

Went to see Megalopolis on Saturday.
Weird film but it kind of worked. Roman times set in modern day Manhattan.
Was amazed to discover both Jon Voight and Dustin Hoffman were in it - 55 years after filming together in Midnight Cowboy.
Mark Kermide slated it said it was an over endulgant movie and boring as fuck!

What service is this on mate?
Prime video, from 30th. And Plex (though it's 1 hr 50 runtime not 2 hr 20)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.