Last Film You Saw

Dope 7/10

6f321eb8c4e191de98288741da47fa38.jpg

A coming of age comedy/drama for the post hip hop generation. Malcolm is a geek, carefully surviving life in The Bottoms, a tough neighborhood in Inglewood, CA filled gangsters and drugs dealers, while juggling his senior year of college applications, interviews and the SAT. His dream is to attend Harvard. A chance invitation to a big underground party leads Malcolm and his friends into a, only in Los Angeles, gritty adventure filed with offbeat characters and bad choices. If Malcolm can persevere, he'll go from being a geek, to being dope, to ultimately being himself.

Complete opposite on both films for me. Southpaw was a fantastic film, whilst "MMFR" I thought was complete shite.

Fair enough, but I say, if you've seen "Rocky", you'd have a much better pic about redemption.
If you've seen "Rocky", you've actually seen a better boxing film, even if the fight scenes are cartoon-ish!

I couldn't see what other meaning the "Southpaw" title had other than the obvious 'coming from his life at a different angle' and even that's poorly directed! It leads you to believe something that just doesn't arrive.

It offers nothing but an impressive six pack, for which Gyllenhaal should get an Oscar for!

Other than that, it's a dire film.

Anyone seen "Knock Knock"? Thinking of downloading it, but every review I've seen has ripped it to pieces. Plus, it's got Keanu "4x2" Reeves in it, which won't help it.

Dull beyond belief. Easy to act that Bulger role, even Clooney could of pulled that off. Oscar nominee my arse, don't waste ur money 5/10 all day.

Totally see where you are coming from regarding it being labled "dull" by some, i found it intriguing so not so dull for me.
Depp grew on me through the film, i almost think Johnny Depp = Jack Sparrow. t was nice to be reminded he can act in other capacities.

I really want to like The Martian so nice one Sean, a few on here have slated it so was starting to sulk a bit haha.

Anyway, just found the trailer for Quentin's 8th movie...

I hope the Dad's army film is funny, the trailer certainly gave me some old skool giggles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.