Last Film You Saw

Captain Phillips 10/10

I just can't fault it. The tension and drama stayed throughout the whole duration. I work in shipping so had a connection with the film. Just loved it. Tom Hanks is a brilliant actor.

TangerineSteve17 said:
Bigga said:
"Bad Words".

It's rare that I find base comedy funny, but this is just superb! Jason Bateman directs and stars in this vehicle that ticks all the boxes.

Since I haven't heard of the film before, I am assuming it didn't go down that well at the box office?

It would be a travesty, if that is the case. My favourite comedy of the year, so far!

Watched this, fun film. Bit predictable but entertaining all the way through. Plus bit of Smashing Pumpkins at the end, so that's cool.

Didn't mind the predictability, the delivery was what I was interested in. For a first time directing, Bateman did a cracking job and left himself open to criticism by the contentious usage of words.

It seems to me that he really wanted to shake the foundations of the 'good guy' image, comedic-ally and I think he succeeded!

pantalon violet again said:
Can I ask if you rate a film to explain what's the story about cos even though I can use this finger I'm typing with right now to open up a new tab and look for myself on Google...I can be fucking arsed

Trouble is, I don't like giving plots away, myself, but some do.

For "Bad Words", a grumpy fooker sets out to be a cnut, I guess...

Bigga said:
Can I ask if you rate a film to explain what's the story about cos even though I can use this finger I'm typing with right now to open up a new tab and look for myself on Google...I can be fucking arsed

I agree, giving away the plot can ruin a film.

For example two people could watch Enemy and think it was two completely different plots. It's the joy of all good art that the beauty is in the perception of the viewer.

Bigga said:

They made a movie about half the posters on bluemoon?

Didn't want to start a new thread but The Raid has just started on Film4

Brilliant martial arts thriller, be warned, it is subtitled..

pudge said:
Didn't want to start a new thread but The Raid has just started on Film4

Brilliant martial arts thriller, be warned, it is subtitled..

and about to start on Film 4 +1, so I'm off downstairs to turn over whatever shite the wife is watching so I can watch it.

I saw Third Person, not very good but Olivia Wilde's nude scene made it worth it. If I ever become president my first order of business will be to make it illegal for her to wear clothes.

Been to see 'Boyhood' tonight.

Brilliant film. Basically following a boy, Mason, grow up and go through his adolescent life. The film was shot over 12 years with the same cast.

Not something you will see every day. Makes you look at your own life and realise how quickly it goes by.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.