Last Film You Saw

Dunkirk - 7.9/10

Mixed feelings about this.
I've read a fair few first hand veteran accounts about Dunkirk and what's comes across in a lot of them is the chaos, carnage, breakdown in discipline and hopelessness of the situation. Those located in the port and on the mole speak of how the oil & fuel terminals had been ablaze for days causing a thick shroud of smoke to hang over the area, in so much as they could only hear enemy planes starting their attacks, then only the see them as they popped out of the smoke a few hundred metres about them.
Those on the beaches spoke of waiting hours & queueing in chest high water, and not being able to move for fear of losing their places, all the while looking at thousands of men in a similar situation or seeing the hundreds of bodies being washed ashore with each new tide.

So in view of this, while i enjoyed the film while i was watching it, i felt it was all a little too 'clean' and failed to convey the magnitude of the situation.

Still think the 5 minute long single take tracking shot from 'Atonement' takes some beating

Blade Runner 2049 - 8.8/10

Liked the original BR when it came out then grew to love it over the years with the Directors/Final cut etc.

Really liked the new one. The mood, visuals, & music were excellent, and felt it paid homage to the first one. Even felt the pacing was okay, but can understand why some people would think it slow.

One thing that did seem strange was that the police cars were Peugeot's. Don't know if there was an ulterior motive for this, or just that Peugeot payed them a massive wedge for product placement.

Was just going to post about that film. I've never watched a Jackie Chan film after about 30 mins as the acting is shite and the martial arts are just too choreographed for me. However, this is a great film. I thought Chan was absolutely stunning in it, and I'd personally score it higher. Best film I've watched in a while.
Yeah my mate was banging on about it but I've been putting it off for weeks but was pleasantly surprised, the rocky type scene with the car was a bit silly but it only lasted 15 seconds haha

3 Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri - 9/10

Smart, funny and moving.

Mcdormand - 2nd oscar worthy
The under-rated Sam Rockwell - Oscar worthy
Harrelson - always good and is here

The Shape Of Water

As much as the lead lady has been given a strong tip for awards i hope the same can be said for Michael Shannon. He is fantastic in this type of role with few better if any i can dig out of my head. The premise is old but with nice twists that give the formula a refreshing feel.

Watch it, but with the missus, if you dare. You may end up divorced and her finding more in common with a trout than some of you useless sods :-D

So what is it, i took it as a very well made back story to the chap in Hell Boy or at least a story in that cinematic universe. I won't say more as it goes into spoiler territory.

Smart, funny and moving.

I loved it to bits too, exactly my kind of film. And she is brilliant in it, I really hope she wins best actress

Smart, funny and moving.

Literally everything I was gonna say other than it's a 9.347/10

Mcdormand and Rockwell are sensational throughout..... very much in the Coen brothers style, the director brings it to the surface in Mcdormands performance..... such a great actress!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.