Last night’s laser/light show

One aspect that I think is important that perhaps hasn’t widely been grasped is that the light show began with the Viking Call (‘best team in the land and all the world’). This is something significant as (unlike Hey Jude & similar) it’s a unique City chant that’s been in existence at City games for almost 50 years. Almost every club chants or adapts the same stuff but the Viking Call chant is truly ours.

If anyone’s thinking what the hell’s he going on about I explain about the history of it here (about 23 mins in to my video talk) and I play the full tune right at the start:

One aspect that I think is important that perhaps hasn’t widely been grasped is that the light show began with the Viking Call (‘best team in the land and all the world’). This is something significant as (unlike Hey Jude & similar) it’s a unique City chant that’s been in existence at City games for almost 50 years. Almost every club chants or adapts the same stuff but the Viking Call chant is truly ours.

If anyone’s thinking what the hell’s he going on about I explain about the history of it here (about 23 mins in to my video talk) and I play the full tune right at the start:

May the gods of Valhalla bring you much bounty mate ;)

I thought the laser / lights show was excellent. Very different and helped to create an atmosphere. If they do that again when we play the big clubs like Madrid or PSG it would certainly get things going. I'm usually a big critic of our pre match entertainment but they have got a winner with this. Fair do's to the people who came up with it.

At least the wind blew the fucking smoke away on Wednesday, was it the Bournemouth game where it was scorching hot and the smoke didn’t dissipate so you couldn’t see the other end of the pitch for the first 10 mins? I liked the light show on Wednesday and I am an FOC
I was at the Bournemouth game, and it was farcical with that blue smoke. It was that scorching weekend, and no breeze to blow the smoke away. You could barely see the far side of the pitch from the East Stand. Plus, it stank.

I thought the laser / lights show was excellent. Very different and helped to create an atmosphere. If they do that again when we play the big clubs like Madrid or PSG it would certainly get things going. I'm usually a big critic of our pre match entertainment but they have got a winner with this. Fair do's to the people who came up with it.
I agree with the fact it should be 'reserved' for the bigger games. In that sense I wonder why they did it for this match in particular (even though they've done it before)?

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.