Last night’s laser/light show

I agree with the fact it should be 'reserved' for the bigger games. In that sense I wonder why they did it for this match in particular (even though they've done it before)?
Probably prepared for the Dortmund game but not allowed because of the Queen?

I liked it but thought there should have been a few more football images / clips on the big screen and not just abstract images and the players faces

A rain cloud, the Colin Bell crown as featured on the home shirt, a factory (industrial revolution?), a bee, a rose (off the badge), a ship, a tram and an umbrella......

1:15 into the video.

Bloody hell..... were the club giving out E's too? Thought I was in the Konspiracy club 1990 for a minute watching that...
Can't they just put the Boys In Blue on and have the team run out?

I think for CL nights this kind of thing is great.

Like others have mentioned though when the music suddenly ends there is a silence. No one knows what to do.

They should start slowly turning the music down so when it does fully end the players are then walking out and the crowd would take over with the noise. No silence gaps.

Will look good if (never take it for granted) we reach the knock-outs. Will it be good for FA and League cup games when Utd and their new gaffer come for a training session?

Should bring the lights out blue moon - that always got everybody going

I heard they had to stop that for two reasons 1) UEFA said they couldn't (natch) and 2) it used to cost a fortune because it always blew the lights and it needs a special gantry to change them

Probably both a load of old bollocks

I really enjoyed the laser and light show before last nights match.
The flashing images on the big screen particularly intrigued me.
There were lots of subliminal messages being processed by my brain,but I couldn't keep up/remember all the images.
There was rain/cloud to signify the inclement weather that Manchester is famous for.
There was a factory/mill type building to signify the fact that Manchester was the birthplace of the industrial revolution.
There was a bee,which signifies the work ethic that made Manchester a huge city.
And there was a train/tram which I think indicates that Manchester had the first passenger railway in the world.

Can anybody remember the other images that were flashed up,and help my FOC memory improve please.
Disappointing not to see a sick swan

Bit late on this one but I loved it! It’s the first time for ages I’ve managed to get to my seat well before kick off and wondered whether it was a regular thing that I’d been missing out on! Should definitely repeat!

I think for CL nights this kind of thing is great.

Like others have mentioned though when the music suddenly ends there is a silence. No one knows what to do.

They should start slowly turning the music down so when it does fully end the players are then walking out and the crowd would take over with the noise. No silence gaps.
or ending with something like the crowd at Live Aid for radio gaga by Queen.. build up (with a beat) the synchronized clapping, before it descends into just noise and cheering?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.