Le Tour de France 2016

I'll always have doubts over Froomes achievements.

I was suspicious that he came from nowhere to not only be a GC contender, but a dominant one in no time at all. The 'Bilharzia' issue he had is the give away for me. A rare parasitic condition that the treatment cure just so happens to be the introduction of red blood cells, which is blood doping. Whether he had been caught and found this excuse, or was just trying to preempt getting found out is the question in my mind.

Another top finish from Froome and once again on a stage that you just wouldn't expect, he noticed Quintana had dropped off of his tyre and thought fuck it, good ballsy move.

Don't often see the green and yellow jersey sprinting for the top 2 spots, both working together for different reason, great ride from Sagan deserved his win. Credit to Geraint Thomas and Maciej Bodnar getting up there to help their teammates too.

Loved the co-commentary from Dave Millar today. Explained it well that it was a day when it was harder to be at the back than to ride at the front.
Gutted that tomorrow's Mt Ventoux finish has been axed. Would have loved to have seen Quintana go for it up there tomorrow.

I'll always have doubts over Froomes achievements.

I was suspicious that he came from nowhere to not only be a GC contender, but a dominant one in no time at all. The 'Bilharzia' issue he had is the give away for me. A rare parasitic condition that the treatment cure just so happens to be the introduction of red blood cells, which is blood doping. Whether he had been caught and found this excuse, or was just trying to preempt getting found out is the question in my mind.

Nothing wrong with a degree of cynicism but you should extend it to other riders too. The peleton includes previously banned riders (for example Contador and Valverde), as well as riders in teams who appear to have a history of cheating (for example, Astana and Katusha).

If you are interested in drugs in cycling, check out the Clinic forum on cycling news. Although be aware it is dominated by conspiracy theorists, mainly driven by fanboy sentiments.

Anyway, back to the race....

Many people saying Froome wasted a lot on energy for a marginal gain. However, was Quintana actually working less?

Tomorrow's shorter stage should produce fireworks, especially if they experience crosswinds on the flat and the ramp. I am finding it impossible to call.

Here's a picture from Mont Ventoux earlier today...

What an absolute disaster!

Surely they can't let the results from 10th downwards to stand?

Porte and Froome surely can't be punished for that, about time they did something about the fans. The riders couldn't avoid the crash they were only left enough room to go straight into the motorbike.

Unbelievable scenes seeing the yellow jersey jogging up the mountain.

If the officials don't do the right thing then they are a complete bunch of prats.

Mont Ventoux is one of the iconic rides on the tour. The shambles of today will no doubt be a wake up call for the organisers. If they dont sort him out it will be an outrage and a green light for more trouble with fans spoilling the race!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.