League Cup draw, Sheff Wed home

Wait a minute, I can hear it now.

"Where were you when you were shit!"

Visiting Owl said:
pride in battle said:
Marvin said:
They'll bring more than that....I assume they'll get all the South Stand end. 6k
I would expect that, last night's gate at Burnley under 5000, so I wonder how many they took?

Just under 1100. Top draw for us especially if it's £15! Should easily bring 6,000. Couldn't give a monkeys about the result to be fair. We need to concentrate on the league ..........

Helan is, erm, fast isn't he?

Yes will be a great game.I rated Helan,hope he comes good.

Might not be on the Wednesday 24th, United played Sunderland away on Sunday then played on Tuesday.

If we ever have a thread where we have to name other clubs that aren't in anyway obnoxious or City fans have no reason to dislike ( apart from racist Ron as manager for a short period) then Wednesday are always near the top of most posters lists.

Good Club, loyal fans and a long history and success is long overdue.

I wouldn't fill the side with kids for this one if I was Mr P.

ifiwasarichfan said:
If we ever have a thread where we have to name other clubs that aren't in anyway obnoxious or City fans have no reason to dislike ( apart from racist Ron as manager for a short period) then Wednesday are always near the top of most posters lists.

Moved to Sheff from Manc as a kid.My parents still live there.

The older Wednesdayites liked City as we tried to not beat them in 1970 to keep them up...no one told Bowyer though who came on and scored twice to put them down.

Great club,would love to see them go up this year.

Did Millwall fans realise there was a game on? Stadium looked empty bar a scattered few

Sergio<3 said:
Might not be on the Wednesday 24th, United played Sunderland away on Sunday then played on Tuesday.
Yeah and last season we played the rags on a Sunday and then Wigan in the 3rd round the following Tuesday.

Any chance this'll be on the TV? They have to pick 2 games out of the 16 for TV, one on Tue night and one for Wed.

Arsenal v Saints is probably their top pick ... not much else in there, so should really pick the current holders ... unless of course they pick Liverpool's or Chelsea's game ahead of us.

Any idea when they'll announce it?

ifiwasarichfan said:

I must be one of the few City fans who hasn't much time for Sheffield Wednesday going off the reactions on this thread, I've always found Blades fans to be a much nicer breed of people. I worked at Sheffield Wednesday twice in the 1990's. Firstly installing seats in the Main Stand and then the Kop. The reactions of Wednesday fans on discovering who I supported was always 'Oh so you support City, that's like supporting United in Sheffield. the smaller club in the city' They really had an arrogance about them that I found hard to understand. Around the same time I worked at St James Park (during the Keegan boom years) and found the Geordies to be very much like City fans were/are. Quite humble and always expecting the worse to happen. Having said all that it's a great draw and assuming City keep prices at a decent level could be a great night/atmosphere as they will bring a great support.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.