League Cup draw, Sheff Wed home

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Decent draw for us just a shame none of the other teams most likely to win this are playing against each other. What date's this likely to be played on?

It will be wed 24th as we are playing on the Sunday 21st v Chelsea
man utd played two days after the Sunderland game so it could be on the Tuesday

Blue Streak said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
If we ever have a thread where we have to name other clubs that aren't in anyway obnoxious or City fans have no reason to dislike ( apart from racist Ron as manager for a short period) then Wednesday are always near the top of most posters lists.

Good Club, loyal fans and a long history and success is long overdue.

I wouldn't fill the side with kids for this one if I was Mr P.

I must be one of the few City fans who hasn't much time for Sheffield Wednesday going off the reactions on this thread, I've always found Blades fans to be a much nicer breed of people. I worked at Sheffield Wednesday twice in the 1990's. Firstly installing seats in the Main Stand and then the Kop. The reactions of Wednesday fans on discovering who I supported was always 'Oh so you support City, that's like supporting United in Sheffield. the smaller club in the city' They really had an arrogance about them that I found hard to understand. Around the same time I worked at St James Park (during the Keegan boom years) and found the Geordies to be very much like City fans were/are. Quite humble and always expecting the worse to happen. Having said all that it's a great draw and assuming City keep prices at a decent level could be a great night/atmosphere as they will bring a great support.
I prefer the Blades too

They seem a decent bunch, if a little obsessed with pictures of Sid James.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/216657-man-city/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index. ... -man-city/</a>

go to Sheffield quite a bit as and know a few Wednesday fans and they are a decent bunch, always had good words for us too, where as twice I've been to see us v blades and both times the tools have kicked off, good tie and should have a good atmosphere

though they do seem obsessed as johnny says

[bigimg]http://exoticpylonrecords.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/sid-james-127-p.jpg[/bigimg]

cityboy5 said:
Blue Streak said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
If we ever have a thread where we have to name other clubs that aren't in anyway obnoxious or City fans have no reason to dislike ( apart from racist Ron as manager for a short period) then Wednesday are always near the top of most posters lists.

I must be one of the few City fans who hasn't much time for Sheffield Wednesday going off the reactions on this thread, I've always found Blades fans to be a much nicer breed of people. I worked at Sheffield Wednesday twice in the 1990's. Firstly installing seats in the Main Stand and then the Kop. The reactions of Wednesday fans on discovering who I supported was always 'Oh so you support City, that's like supporting United in Sheffield. the smaller club in the city' They really had an arrogance about them that I found hard to understand. Around the same time I worked at St James Park (during the Keegan boom years) and found the Geordies to be very much like City fans were/are. Quite humble and always expecting the worse to happen. Having said all that it's a great draw and assuming City keep prices at a decent level could be a great night/atmosphere as they will bring a great support.
I prefer the Blades too

wednesday for me, big club, should be in the prem.

Fuck the blades. I remember it went off big style outside their ground a few yrs ago after our own 'balloon gate' in the FA cup. Got a few pals who are Wednesday fans always have good things to say about city

southstand117 said:
Fuck the blades. I remember it went off big style outside their ground a few yrs ago after our own 'balloon gate' in the FA cup. Got a few pals who are Wednesday fans always have good things to say about city

Allways seemed to be trouble when we played U****d must be something about teams called U****d that makes their fans cunts

great game to give fringe players and some players who need match fitness 90 minutes , , CABALERRO , - SAGNA , DEMICHELIS , MANGALA , CLICHY - NAVAS , LAMPARD , MILNER , KOLAROV - JOVETIC , AGUERO , if we price the ticket at £15 i think we will get a decent crowd , will attract the supporters who have been priced out of the premier league games ,

Great draw. At home and a team with a great following not to far away from Manchester. It'll be a good atmosphere on the night I reckon.

cityboy5 said:
Blue Streak said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

I prefer the Blades too

+1

I worked in Sheffield for quite a while and have friends in both camps but the Blades always struck me as the more likeable club. Yes they have the boneheads of the BBC but too many Wednesday fans are up their own arses IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.