League cup draw - United (a)

I'd laugh if we played our B team and actually won.
You could argue we already have.. No Kompany, no Gundogan, no Aguero, keeper on his debut, 19 year old leading the line - comfortably beat them. But yes, if we beat them with an even more weakened side it would be even more satisfying.

You think we'll go full strength?
I think both teams will. Neither manager can risk losing a derby in the midst of other difficult games.

We could easily lose twice to Barcelona and away to United in the space of 10 days, which for me isn't acceptable. I think Pep will have the strongest 11 out.

Likewise will Mourinho risk losing a derby when they could also lose to Chelsea and Liverpool.

The pressure would be unbelievable if they are perceived to "throw" the game with a crap selection.

I personally think we will play a weakend side but Jose won't, no way he will want to lose again.

They've got Liverpool, Fenerbahce, Chelsea and us in the space of 12 days. Think they'll have to rotate to some extent.

Would rather we rested him for the Barca game. Don't give the lowlife zombie fuckwits
the satisfaction.

Valid viewpoint...clearly there would be a good debate as to whether this might be an opportunity to go there and stuff the twats with the weakest possible side in the full knowledge that should they win they would really have very little to crow about....but crow they would hence were it down to me would be going with the strongest possible team and rub the bastards noses in it.

They've got Liverpool, Fenerbahce, Chelsea and us in the space of 12 days. Think they'll have to rotate to some extent.
True, it's a tough one and will probably depend on how both of us get on in those games leading up to it in some degree. If they lose any of those they might realise it's the only thing they can compete in and vice versa, if we don't win both our league games at least, we will probably want to go for it. All fun!

You'd imagine both managers will still rotate heavily despite it being a derby.

don't think PEG will......im not sure he would survive losing two derbies at the toilet in the space of a couple of months.....i saw the brief highlights of their game tonight and they looked poor again. Two decent strikes for two of their goals but there was no real football in the lead up to either...and the third was a huge goal keeping gaff......utd fans won't be fooled by a win away at lower division opposition

they have leicester next (though they aint what the were last year - but they could still cause Utd problems) and they have some very tough games before they play us......lose a few more and by the time we get to that game it could well be make or break at least for the utd fans and their relationship with Jose.........the board might stick with humbug lose few in the lead up to us and then lose to us for a second time and it could be one step too far to come back from......!

Even better if they played a full strength team and we played a few reserves and still won!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.