League cup draw - United (a)

I hope he fields the same team he would field if we were playing Hull and if that isn't good enough then so be it.

The temptation to get one over on our neighbours shouldnt detract from the fact we need to manage our squad very carefully in the long season ahead. My view is it's nigh on impossible to compete in four competitions using your strongest 11 for an entire season and the EFL is the most expendable of those competitions. We already proved ourselves against that lot a fortnight ago, it isn't in our interests to allow this to become another sideshow when we need to keep our momentum going in the Premier league. We have nothing to prove against them and the potential to compete seriously in the league and champions league this season. If they want to put their best side out against us then that would suggest to me they're already admitting the other competitions are beyond them.

I hope he fields the same team he would field if we were playing Hull and if that isn't good enough then so be it.

The temptation to get one over on our neighbours shouldnt detract from the fact we need to manage our squad very carefully in the long season ahead. My view is it's nigh on impossible to compete in four competitions using your strongest 11 for an entire season and the EFL is the most expendable of those competitions. We already proved ourselves against that lot a fortnight ago, it isn't in our interests to allow this to become another sideshow when we need to keep our momentum going in the Premier league. We have nothing to prove against them and the potential to compete seriously in the league and champions league this season. If they want to put their best side out against us then that would suggest to me they're already admitting the other competitions are beyond them.

I always like to beat them lot - but I could not have summed it up better than you have sir.

agree 100%

I always like to beat them lot - but I could not have summed it up better than you have sir.

agree 100%
there is a big difference to us and united playing week selections, if united drop 3 first teamers that can be considered a week team and us we could drop 3 first teamers and replace them with virtually the same quality, squad rotation yes but not a mix and match team made up with players out of position and inexperience

But they WILL put out they're full strength side,as should we really,after all it is a derby,not a sideshow ? If we are not intent on winning the comp then fair enough,but I don't see us treating it like we don't want to win it,but to play 3 or 4 youngsters in that match I would not look forward to really.

I agree we have nothing to prove in some respects,but I for one would like to do them again,especially at the swamp again,but to contradict myself slightly,it is before a big game in the CL,ahhhhhh the pitfalls of successful cup runs eh..............

No worse place to lose, no better place to win. It's therefore a really good cup draw, and could get rid of scum, Chelsea and one of Spurs or Liverpool

fuck the weak side,,for all those cheating years of added on time under ferguson, for wio taking the piss in front of 110 for that last minute goal, for all the snide remarks of the red journos, for the horse meat Edwards flogged to the schools, for the ginger one the plastic manc and Paddy, and especially for the 10,000 blues that will attend,,put the fuckers to the sword and finish them off

Barcelona will take precedence and then it depends how Pep approaches Southampton, he might want to rotate there and see what we get away with. I can't say I am that bothered about this trophy though to be honest, would much rather make sure we beat Barcelona and Southampton. Mourinho will want to make a point but they too will be in a very busy group of fixtures, just can't see either team playing their strongest sides.

I'd go for a rotated team but also have the cavalry ready on the bench.

Smash them, I want them to be humiliated every time we play them, for all them years of pain in school growing up, we can start with a strong but rotated line up then just destroy them, We have the much better squad and should be able to make their life a misery, they are going to field their strongest lineup because we are their cup final, let's just show them how far behind they really are

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.