League cup draw - United (a)

see I would have those players nowhere near this game. they would do their level best to nobble them. think about it, they stand no chance like for like, they either need help from the officials, like mariner, or they hurt our players by picking a fringe player to take a straight ref. cunts i'm afraid.
Thing is Bill, they tried to do that in the recent derby, yet what I love is the fact that even our small guys give as good as they got. They won most of the headers and every second ball. I'm happy to see a team that, despite being one of the smallest in the league, behaved like terriers. You could take the ball off us by whatever means - and we get it back off you within a few seconds. It's bound to frustrate certain opposition players. I'd prefer us to bring it on rather than wrap our players in cotton wool, with the worry that they're not talented enough or wise enough to utilise their skills.I think they're certainly wise enough to notice and avoid anti-football tactics from clubs that have gone long past their sell by date.

Whichever players Pep chooses he will not want to lose a game or see us out of a competition. If you think that for one moment, you don't understand the guy, or his take on the game of football, This guy wants to win, nothing else is good enough. Have a good read up on his background and about those that know him. If you think this guy will chuck a game you have no comprehension of Guardiola or his passion for winning football games - none whatsoever.
I have read a lot of what Guardiola has espoused, I became extremely interested, I confess when it was rumored he was coming to us I read anything about him including the 442 magazine. I think, I hope and I'd never contradict or even predict the great man's stance but I think this league cup tie may not have the gravity some are stating. Then again our Pep is a genius.

I have read a lot of what Guardiola has espoused, I became extremely interested, I confess when it was rumored he was coming to us I read anything about him including the 442 magazine. I think, I hope and I'd never contradict or even predict the great man's stance but I think this league cup tie may not have the gravity some are stating. Then again our Pep is a genius.
I don't know if he's a genius. I just think he lives and breathes football, more than we could ever claim to do - and he never ever wants to lose. I kinda like that in a person.

He does live and breathe it. And playing the right way. If that's victorious fine. Winning's fine. But he wants to play the right way.

In the lead up talk about using the 2nd team/kids but then play the full team...

Pep - prematch interview

Mourinho on the touchline

Last edited:
It seems many will give this game a miss due to pricing and tv so whats the lowest points number do people think this will go to?

It seems many will give this game a miss due to pricing and tv so whats the lowest points number do people think this will go to?
Depends how many are on the cup scheme, I said earlier if it's £45 I'm not going but when it comes to the crunch an away cup with nearly 10k Blues I'll be going! Any on the cup scheme whatever points will be ok I reckon, although thats just a guess.

Depends how many are on the cup scheme, I said earlier if it's £45 I'm not going but when it comes to the crunch an away cup with nearly 10k Blues I'll be going! Any on the cup scheme whatever points will be ok I reckon, although thats just a guess.

Reckon I'll be Donald ducked for this game but there's bound to be spares flying about as the game draws nearer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.