League cup draw - United (a)

I get the feeling that a lot don't want us to play our strongest 11 so they can say it was only our 2nd team if we lose, it seems abit cowardly to me and it's what I feel Mourinho will do for the same reason, using the Liverpool & Chelsea games to justify playing 2nd string v us
If they are fit to play pick our strongest side and smash the fuckers, I'm pretty sure if we do nobody will be on here saying Pep did the wrong thing,
I would honestly prefer to rest players away to Barca as I think we lose the away leg anyway and put the best 11 out v United

I get what you are saying but it doesn't always work like that. This is what I call typical fan speak.
If I was a good player playing for City , I would rather pit my wits against a full strength Barca than a second string utd, I'd be gutted to be left out of the first 11 at the nou camp .
Don't get me wrong I hope we smash the red fuckers , but you have to remember players are different to supporters and every great player wants to try and beat Barca on there own patch .

Me I'd play our strongest 11 at Barca , and a strong 11 at OT , and if things arnt going our way bring on a strong sub .
A strongest 11 against utd is always both league games, Fa cup game and if ever we meet a champs league game. But not a league cup game or if ever it happens a europa league game.

100% strongest team. Anything else is just ridiculous. We are playing United and we want to beat them.

I get the feeling that a lot don't want us to play our strongest 11 so they can say it was only our 2nd team if we lose, it seems abit cowardly to me and it's what I feel Mourinho will do for the same reason, using the Liverpool & Chelsea games to justify playing 2nd string v us
If they are fit to play pick our strongest side and smash the fuckers, I'm pretty sure if we do nobody will be on here saying Pep did the wrong thing,
I would honestly prefer to rest players away to Barca as I think we lose the away leg anyway and put the best 11 out v United

This is a fans world view though. The importance of finishing top of the group was illustrated last season when we got to the semi finals. The financial rewards were huge.

I would take finishing top of the CL group over a win against them.

To be honest I think we are currently a level above them and we should be thinking bigger than a one off game. Any cup is important but no so important that it jeopardises our chances in competitions that are more important to the club and almost certainly the players.

Our squad is good enough to give them a game whoever plays nowadays.

In 2009/10 before the league cup semi 2nd leg their Rio Ferdinand was facing an obvious 3 game ban, but Ferguson decided to appeal it which allowed him to play in the semi yet caused him to miss an extra league game for a frivolous appeal.

He missed 4 league games instead of 2, and in the last 2 games of the ban 4 points were dropped and united lost the league by a point.

I doubt they threw the league away due to AFs wanting to stop city winning anything, as the next 2 seasons after they contrived to hand city the FA cup and League on a plate.

Huh? They didn't hand us anything. Beat them fair and square both times, particularly the title decider in 2012 when they didn't have a shot on target. Scoreline 1-0 but felt like 3 or 4 to anyone who watched the match.

Just play our strongest team and smash fuck out of the fuckers 8-0 and shut the thick cunts up forever is my opinion for what it's worth

They surely can't be expecting them to all sell with that criteria? I know it says further criteria will be released if not sold, but on the cup scheme and 10,000 points.... must be a shitload on the cup scheme!

They surely can't be expecting them to all sell with that criteria? I know it says further criteria will be released if not sold, but on the cup scheme and 10,000 points.... must be a shitload on the cup scheme!
Thought that myself...cup scheme and 9k so panicking a little now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.