League Cup Final - Hart or Pantilimon?

cibaman said:
berniethebusman said:
Malcontent said:
As there is a possibility of this game going to penalties my head says hart.

Have I forgotten something? Hart has never convinced me he can do anything other than pick the ball out of the net from a spot kick.
Apologies to Joe, if I have forgotten numerous penalty saves.

He made a few earlier in his career. Of late he's struggled, against Italy in the Euros and Messi last week. Against the world very best penalty takers he tends to commit himself too soon, They're good enough to read him and wait until he's signalled which way he's going to dive. Not sure that Sunderland's pen takers are in that class.

they wernt in the Semi Final lol

cibaman said:
berniethebusman said:
Malcontent said:
As there is a possibility of this game going to penalties my head says hart.

Have I forgotten something? Hart has never convinced me he can do anything other than pick the ball out of the net from a spot kick.
Apologies to Joe, if I have forgotten numerous penalty saves.

He made a few earlier in his career. Of late he's struggled, against Italy in the Euros and Messi last week. Against the world very best penalty takers he tends to commit himself too soon, They're good enough to read him and wait until he's signalled which way he's going to dive. Not sure that Sunderland's pen takers are in that class.
Didn't he save one from Lampard last season he's a pretty good penalty taker if I remember.

Brazil friendly at Wembley fantastic save.....there is no room for sentiment in football, the best side has to be picked and Hart is City's Number 1 choice<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:55 am --<br /><br />[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYVii0RYlj4[/youtube]

Davs 19 said:
whp.blue said:
I it will be Pants and I for one am very Happy about that

He may be number two at the moment but I genuinely feel that there is nothing between Hart and Pantillimon in terms of ability

Hart has some serious flaws in his game and so does Pantilimon but I feel that once you have a rotation policy for cup games you have to stick with it if not play your best keeper in all competitions.

Really ? Who told you that ?

some one from within the club he has never been wrong yet with anything he has told me but we will have to wait and see
I seldom say anything on here when I'm told anything because you get asked who

whp.blue said:
Davs 19 said:
whp.blue said:

He may be number two at the moment but I genuinely feel that there is nothing between Hart and Pantillimon in terms of ability

Hart has some serious flaws in his game and so does Pantilimon but I feel that once you have a rotation policy for cup games you have to stick with it if not play your best keeper in all competitions.

some one from within the club he has never been wrong yet with anything he has told me but we will have to wait and see

We'll have to wait and see but I very much have the impression that Hart thinks he's in.

Pablo1 said:
I'd be surprised to see Hart start - Pants has been the cup keeper throughout and deserves his place. It's not like he's some shite keeper who's just been plucked from Sunday League, he's an international who rarely lets us down when picked. I still believe Hart to be the better goalkeeper, but it's not as cut and dried as some believe. I certainly won't be concerned if he's chosen to start.

This ^^^^ on all points
Good post, Pablo

whp.blue said:
Davs 19 said:
whp.blue said:

So why bother telling us that then? You have added nothing to the discussion and only succeeded in getting a few BMers annoyed by not revealing what you know. Thanks a bunch.

Considering that you are a footballer to win trophies and medals it must irk Joe if he sits out FA cup and league cup games every season,including the finals.If we win it is a couple of trophies he has missed out on.I know he will probably pick one up as part of the squad but will that be enough?

whp.blue said:
Davs 19 said:
whp.blue said:

Who told you ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.