League Cup Final - Hart or Pantilimon?

earlier this year I would've said Panty without a doubt but the closer we get to the final the more I start to get nervous and I find myself hoping Joe starts as I just feel more confident with him between the sticks.

but having said that I don't really mind which MP chooses

GaudinoMotors said:
Hoghead said:
Dubai Blue said:
No one's advocating never playing him, just that we should be picking our best players for a cup final.

But every game from now on is like a cup final so keeping sharp through rotation will be key. I think.

Sharpness shouldn't be a problem for a keeper - most keeprs play the vast majority of games. The problem for Hart is poor form. The argument/debate is whether he is allowed play through this loss of form, or whether a keeper who is a more than accompished replacement, is picked.
The "but he's won 3 golden gloves" argument is irrelevant - it's about form and confidence here and now. Therefore Pantilimon for me.

Form eh?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.squawka.com/news/2014/02/25/how-joe-hart-put-early-season-troubles-behind-him-to-lock-down-ticket-to-brazil/2014022574362" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.squawka.com/news/2014/02/25/ ... 4022574362</a>

Regardless, Pants should play, he is our cup keeper.

Joe has been superb since his absence, but you have to play your strongest team, so its Pants for me also.
All day long.

Pants did himself no favours last season saying he wanted to leave for first team football on the eve of the FA Cup final.

Still think he should have played and still believe he would have stopped the wigan winner!!

This time i am not sure as Pants has looked abit wobbly last few times out (except Chelsea when he didnt have anything to do!) so i might go with Hart as he has looked more confident since his comeback.

brandyzee said:
Joe has been superb since his absence, but you have to play your strongest team, so its Pants for me also.
All day long.

So you rate Pantillimon more than Hart?

Both Mancini and Pellegrini are wrong then in your opinion to favour Hart?

Pantilimon totally competent keeper, not a fag paper between him and Joe, plus defence seems to play with reassurance in front of him.

Pantilimon every day of the week for this game for me.

whp.blue said:
I it will be Pants and I for one am very Happy about that

He may be number two at the moment but I genuinely feel that there is nothing between Hart and Pantillimon in terms of ability

Hart has some serious flaws in his game and so does Pantilimon but I feel that once you have a rotation policy for cup games you have to stick with it if not play your best keeper in all competitions.

Really ? Who told you that ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.