LEAGUE CUP WINNERS 2013/2014!! Post Final Thread

Just got home now wat and amazing day and te fist trophy I've seen us lift in the flesh as they say. Will never forget how our fans celebrated when them first two goals went in will live with me forever.. Memories

Always believed we would come through. We were no way near as bad as we're saying or were being told we were by Sky. Sunderland nicked one on the break, but played they're part too.

It's a final and both teams were there for the battle but we still had that more class, composure and assurance. We shouldn't expect to have things all our own way in such big occasions. This is football!

The only disappointing thing is that it's at these times that we should roar the team on instead of shrinking away into a nervous or angry spiral. It's been said many times we need to learn how to support winners.

Came out in the second half with the same ethos but a bit more purpose and the ability shone through. Good sub to bring on Garcia to stem Sunderland attempted fight back and knew we could get the sealer on the break.

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole game, great final, all good goals and boy what an outcome. Fantastic way to win a final. Trophy in the bag. DING!

Halcyon days, join the ride, enjoy the moments.

steviemc said:
mancity61 said:
The game just flashed by. I thought they'd scorec to early then suddenly it was half time. We just weren't shooting enough til Yaya stepped up. Got to repkace pony tail with Lescott for the rest of the season the bloke is a joke!!
The guy you're calling a joke just helped your team lift a trophy for fucks sake. He did all that was required, and I'm sure Lescott would have done the same. Enjoy what we've achieved today. It's been over 30 years so stop fucking moaning.

a bit harsh , demichelis is not a joke , but I don't think that goal would of happened with joleon at the back , he would have covered vinny , were as demichelis just jogged back , MDM was signed as a stop gap , and I think if MP keeps picking him as 1st choice , it might cost us the premiership.

steviemc said:
mancity61 said:
The game just flashed by. I thought they'd scorec to early then suddenly it was half time. We just weren't shooting enough til Yaya stepped up. Got to repkace pony tail with Lescott for the rest of the season the bloke is a joke!!
The guy you're calling a joke just helped your team lift a trophy for fucks sake. He did all that was required, and I'm sure Lescott would have done the same. Enjoy what we've achieved today. It's been over 30 years so stop fucking moaning.

Yep this guy has just proved the point I'm making about some fans attitude. Sorry for singling out as I bet that there's many more who were like this if I look back.

Re: Wembley fatigue

surprised - lots of mutual applause after the game as we were headed down one of the ramps whilst they were on the top deck - the lad waving the mop around was generally keeping the whole atmosphere on the friendly side

Just in the door and the ears are still ringing after all the noise. WHAT A DAY. Atmosphere was class from both sides and Sunderland fans were superb. Fair play to them, they clapped us as we walked outside after the game. Still Buzzing, get in and its great to be blue!!! Hope everyone got home ok!!!

-- Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:16 pm --

The Colonel said:
Always believed we would come through. We were no way near as bad as we're saying or were being told we were by Sky. Sunderland nicked one on the break, but played they're part too.

It's a final and both teams were there for the battle but we still had that more class, composure and assurance. We shouldn't expect to have things all our own way in such big occasions. This is football!

The only disappointing thing is that it's at these times that we should roar the team on instead of shrinking away into a nervous or angry spiral. It's been said many times we need to learn how to support winners.

Came out in the second half with the same ethos but a bit more purpose and the ability shone through. Good sub to bring on Garcia to stem Sunderland attempted fight back and knew we could get the sealer on the break.

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole game, great final, all good goals and boy what an outcome. Fantastic way to win a final. Trophy in the bag. DING!

Halcyon days, join the ride, enjoy the moments.

Spot on Mate!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Wembley fatigue

Have to say, coming away from the ground, and on the tube afterwards, had good banter with the Sunderland fans, saw no trouble, and big respect to them. Seemed a great set of fans.

Just got home now, 14 hours on the go, like the OP, tired but happy

The Colonel said:
steviemc said:
mancity61 said:

Yep this guy has just proved the point I'm making about some fans attitude. Sorry for singling out as I bet that there's many more who were like this if I look back.
Exactly. If Komps put the ball the ball in his own net from 30yds out some people would still blame MD for not providing an outlet pass. Absolutely nobody has mentioned that it was MD's through ball that started the move for the third goal. I fucking hate the fact that some fans are so obsessed with proving themselves right. Those who blasted Pellers for his team selection before kickoff were wrong, just like all of us have been at some time.

jimharri said:
MillionDollarDream said:
Bigga said:
Sorry to digress cos I haven't seen it, but does anyone know what the brand of headphones the lads were wearing, is?

Little 'un asked and I think I might get them for him... and me!!

Beats by Dre headphones, They are like our first half of football today :-D
That bad, eh?

Ridiculously expensive but cheaply made. Lots of people go through more than one pair. They are more of a vanity item than top quality headphones.

Watching the game again with Sky commentary and less tension and man are they riding the Demi scapegoat narrative hard. Overall the first half wasn't as bad as match day thread made it seem. For the first 15-20 minutes Sunderland executed their gameplay perfectly, they had 10 men behind the ball and scored on their only legit attack. It was just hard to break down in the beginning.

If anyone wants a laugh go on the matchday thread. I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with some of you lot, my God!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.