LEAGUE CUP WINNERS 2013/2014!! Post Final Thread

Bluekiwi said:
Ali Benarbia said:
peterh1967a said:
As a Sunderland supporter I’d like to congratulate you on your League Cup win. You were the better team, and we couldn’t contend with two world class goals, or your better players.

I came on to your forum because I’m interested in how you view your success. I don’t hate Manchester City like I hate Manchester United or Chelsea, because I think our clubs (Sunderland and Manchester City) are similar …. years spent in the shadow of rivals, potentially big clubs but with no success or investment, but with passionate and humble fans.

Of course I’m jealous of where you are at …. nut I don’t begrudge your success …. you deserve it, but please stay grounded and respectful of other clubs (unlike Manchester United or Chelsea). I still cheer for Manchester City in Europe and I hope that won’t change.
Good stuff, this, appreciated. Most City supporters remember the bad days and although there are a few arrogant newbie bandwagon-jumpers City's fans will never be like MU's.
Got some respect for Sunderland fans and I still remember their taunting of the rags when Aguero fired us to the title

^^^THIS^^^

I rarely go more than a week in my life without watching a video of this on Youtube. I would post it again here but I figure most have seen it and today's not about that. The fans at Stadium of Light gave it to United BIG TIME when we took away the title and had a splendid time doing so from the sights and sounds of it.

Nothing but respect for your side and know that you gave us a very real scare today. I don't mean that in a dismissive way, either. I had some doubts we could get the cart across the line after the first half.

As others have said, old school City fans will always remember who and where we were and keep our success in perspective. Cheers to you!

Just back a great day out with Chorlton blues.
Well done blues and kudos to the SundeRLAnd fans for shaking hands after the game.
we were crap first half but turned it on 2nd half..big shout to Garcia who did a great job of protecting the defence
PS WEMBLEY COACH PARK NEEDS SORTING OUT ..

Just got in. What a top day.

Sunderland and their fans were fucking brilliant.

We were very slow to get going but all 3 goals were sublime.

Kolarov man of the match. Kid was everywhere.

Absolutely delighted for MP. To come into a new league, filling huge shoes, adding in 'his' players, amidst the usual cauldron of hatred and huge expectation and go win the first available trophy is a very very impressive achievement. Well fucking done Manuel.

Nasri's face. lol

kompany.gif

Bluekiwi said:
From midnight the bedside clock crawls agonisingly slowly towards 3:00am, at last kick off, oh shit 1 goal down; half time - kick the cat and throw the wife out of bed.
Just minutes into the second half. hurrah, we've equalised, hardly stopped cheering when we score again. Memories of the Wigan FA Cup Final fading into the background. Nerves on edge as we repelled their efforts to get back into the game and then ecstasy, a third goal.
Watching the game from 25,000kms is just as bad as being in the crowd. Champagne with dinner tonight, cannot wait.

The worst thing about being so far away and watching it in the early hours is going through the whole experience on your own knowing that friends and family are there at Wembley.

Just like the FA Cup and PL wins I headed to work this morning looking like a happy idiot with nobody to even share a joyful knowing nod with.

Is there a video of the entire postgame cup presentation? We got cut off immediately here in the States for the Madrid derby.

Congratulations. Have to say I thought we were in with a shot after our first half performance, don't think we did too badly in the second half either tbh but we were outdone by 2 absolute worldy's, the first one being the pick of the bunch. Obviously you's stepped up the pace but until Navas' goal went in I still thought we looked as if we might get back into it at some point. Thought our team & fans did our whole region proud, never mind just our club, and who knows, maybe we'll get to do this all again sometime really soon..?

black-cat said:
Congratulations. Have to say I thought we were in with a shot after our first half performance, don't think we did too badly in the second half either tbh but we were outdone by 2 absolute worldy's, the first one being the pick of the bunch. Obviously you's stepped up the pace but until Navas' goal went in I still thought we looked as if we might get back into it at some point. Thought our team & fans did our whole region proud, never mind just our club, and who knows, maybe we'll get to do this all again sometime really soon..?

Genuinly hope you do mate, and I hope it's a happier outcome for you. Unless you're playing us of course.
Best of luck for the rest of the season and despite the amount of ex rags that are infesting your team I hope you stay up with games to spare.

GratefulDawg said:
Is there a video of the entire postgame cup presentation? We got cut off immediately here in the States for the Madrid derby.

<a class="postlink" href="http://livefootballvideo.com/fullmatch/england/league-cup/manchester-city-vs-sunderland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://livefootballvideo.com/fullmatch/ ... sunderland</a>

6th video down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.