LEAGUE CUP WINNERS 2013/2014!! Post Final Thread

Bit of a woman fest and sour grapes about us on their main forum

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/man-city-fans.887035/page-2#post-17148120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/ma ... t-17148120</a>

It seems that because we were not running around London blowing car horns and dancing and singing all the way home, that we don't care and the upshot is we are shit fans and because it meant more to them natural justice should have prevailed and they be given the cup

As for the noise, I did not hear much from them after Nasri's goal

I have no problems with them, but but it's a bit small time to accuse us of not caring, the last thing I would want to do after a cup final is go and rub it in, I thought we were very dignified with no gloating, perhaps it's the way they do things in the North East?

US satellite radio's coverage this morning of the win yesterday consists of talking about how lucky we were to win since we were poor on the pitch, are we failures if only win this, and isn't it a shame that Nasri's screwed up his chances with the French national team. Why they're letting Neil Barnett take the lead hosting today, I'm not sure.

mrmacca said:
Great set of Fans the Mackem's but it was our day. Just listened to Pelligrini on the post match interview on the pitch. It does sound like he refers to us as 'Manchester Utd' one minute 20 secs into the interview. Am I just tired?!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26311649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26311649</a>

Oh well great win, great day. Sad for Lescott left on the bench!

He does!

Rag **** ;)<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:26 pm --<br /><br />
inbetween said:
Didn't get chance to post yesterday as was hammered! Anyway, a great cup for us to win, it may be a mickey mouse cup but hopefully it will give us an impotus now to go out and win the other ones because we have stalled a little recently. I thought Sunderland were excellent in the first half, they really got their gameplan bang on in letting us do our thing and then hitting us where it would hurt on the break. I felt Kompany should of dealt with their goal much better and I don't understand why Demi got all the flack because it was Kompany's fault, in that situation where he is beaten he has to put the ball anywhere but in the oppositions face. That aside we were okay in the first half but it was all a little bit desperate and nervy because of the goal we conceded and we could easily of gone 2-0 down at times.

I don't know what changed after half time but we were a completely different side, far more assured on the ball and Sunderland just eventually tired and Yaya's goal was stunning, best this season by a mile. Nasri's goal however for me was the best goal, a complete team goal where probably one of the best left backs in the world delivered a precious cross, no-one gives Kolarov credit on here but that cross was sublime and to perfection, many of his are! I think after that it was going to always go against Sunderland because they had to readjust to come out and attack and the last goal summed it up for them because their only gameplan was to get a goal and hold onto it but world class quality shone through in that period between 50th minute and the 60th.

Hopefully we can forget the first half performance and expand on the second because at times I thought we played our best football of the season, Pellegrini also made a fantastic substitution in taking off Aguero who lacked that sharpness we usually see from him for Navas who was always going to cause tired legs problems and his goal was thanks to a combination of the energy put into the game by Sunderland and our sheer determination to win.

There is one thing that worries me about this game and that is the influence of Yaya Toure, the bloke is 30 now, how the hell are we going to replace him when he can't do runs like that one in the final minute because for the type of player he is, there is NO-ONE better on the planet and I seriously doubt we'll see anyone with those exact qualities for sometime.

Was glad Nasri got man of the match because he has come on leaps and bounds this year but I thought Yaya made the major difference in this game, if he doesn't play, we don't.

no-one gives Kolarov credit on here

I called him as my MOTM earlier in the thread.

Was a fucking beast yesterday and is regularly showing why Mancini brought him here. Class player.

Now the dust has settled and the weary head has woken up I can only say that yesterday was the best wembly trip I've had the Mackems were good clapped us as we were leaving the ground good crack before and after the game in the boozer never a hint of bother apart from the ones that sat in the city end when they scored but overall that's how a cup final should be

grandimpureamericanroowqpd.gif

impossiblewigglyagoutyhqi4.gif

Heaven knows perhaps they are as sour as their fans (the new one is that because they made a weekend of it they really won, RTG is is getting more ridiculous by the hour)

With Yayas goal it is just like one of his freekicks well drilled, at teh game I am not sure if he meant it, but looking at that gif he meant that alright

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.