LEAGUE CUP WINNERS 2013/2014!! Post Final Thread

Not been through the entire 47 pages to check this, but anybody notice that Fernandinho made a terrific last ditch tackle that he had no right to win to change the flow of the game and directly contribute to that third goal? That lad contributes in so many different ways, in all parts of the pitch.

spotthemackem said:
congratulations on your win took two worldies but fair play
you need to up your win reactions though coming out of Wembley and watching your coaches leaving you'd think you'd lost
again well done throughly enjoyed my weekend(apart from one very very obvious bit)
To be honest, our celebrations went on inside the ground, and the rest was saved for the Rags back home. I didn't celebrate outside the ground as I didn't want to appear arrogant in front of Sunderland fans. I actually had a good chat with a few of your guys after the game, which probably wouldn't have happened if I was gloating.

spotthemackem said:
you need to up your win reactions though coming out of Wembley and watching your coaches leaving you'd think you'd lost
again well done throughly enjoyed my weekend(apart from one very very obvious bit)
Our reaction after the game was one of sheer exhausted relief that we'd won it after what was looking like a re-run of the Wigan cup final.
Your assessment of two worldies deciding the game just about sums it up. Other than that I thought Sunderland were marginally the better side as your game plan was working better than ours.
I wonder who Johnny Crossan was supporting on the day,if he knew the game was on! (Sunderland would be my guess).
Best of luck for the rest of the season (apart from your visit to the Etihad of course).

malg said:
spotthemackem said:
To be honest, our celebrations went on inside the ground, and the rest was saved for the Rags back home. I didn't celebrate outside the ground as I didn't want to appear arrogant in front of Sunderland fans. I actually had a good chat with a few of your guys after the game, which probably wouldn't have happened if I was gloating.

^^^ This, we parked up on the Sunderland side of Wembley and braved the thousands of Mackems on Wembley Way on the way in.............. The last thing you're gonna do is go out singing and rubbing it in now is it............

The feeling at half time for us was not dejection, but a little nervy....... I think we have started to become aware that we can now turn it around when we need to

Does this mean that typical City is slowly disappearing??

spotthemackem said:

We are respectful of other fans mate and to go outside the ground and start gloating is not our way, that's what the rags do.
We did our singing and celebrating in JJ Moons and various other hostelries after the game.
It was a great day, had loads of good chats with Sunderland fans and even humoured the Sunderland fan in 240 who went ballistic when you scored and continued the motion into the second half, he looked across at me when Nasri scored, I just peeled my coat back revealing my City shirt and smiled at him...To be fair he smiled back, sat down and left after Navas scored...!

I'm still delighted. This is the lowest priority trophy in England for many, but Sunday felt as big as an FA Cup final to me, with two passionate fan bases, a great atmosphere, and a memorable match (with the usual roller coaster of emotions).

I believe that was our 16th major trophy and we still have a lot of catching up to do (we're 8th on the list of major honours won) which will make every trophy win something worth savoring.

The FA Cup final in May was a horrible day in every respect, but Sunday made up for it.

Beat Wigan at weekend and we're back there again for the semis, what an expensive but rewarding season so far...!

<a class="postlink" href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=s58f15&s=8#.UxX_ffl_v0U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=s58f15&s=8#.UxX_ffl_v0U</a>

spotthemackem said:

OK, thanks for the advice. I'll tell you what, if we meet you again at Wembley this year and we (as is likely), beat you again, we'll all jump up and down outside the ground and scream and shout and put on a little display for you if that would make you happier.

I've heard a lot of the 'Sunderland fans are the salt of the earth' bollocks. I suppose that our problem is that we go to Wembley so often, we are not going to be as enthusiastic as if it was our first final since Adam was a lad. It's the same with most things. If you have Miss World as a girlfriend, you appreciate the 1st fuck far more than the 101st fuck. You'd still enjoy it a lot, but you wouldn't be telling your mates about it any more and it would essentially be just another fuck.

I wish Sunderland well, I like the people from the North East and I hope they stay up. I hope your fans have another day out or two to Wembley ending in disappointment after losing to us, but spare me the 'Sunderland would know how to celebrate' shite, because with respect, Sunderland may not get there for another couple of decades whereas City will probably get there on a yearly basis, so you need to make the most of it whereas we don't.

On the game, creditable display from plucky Sunderland, but every stat suggested City should have won it, which we did. If Yaya and Nasri hadn't pulled those two out of the hat, most likely that somebody would have side footed a couple in from 6 yards at some point in the game.

Enjoy the DvD, gripe about what could have been and most importantly, good luck in the relegation fight, because if you go down, getting back could take a long, long time. For the record , I'd much rather Sunderland stay up than most of the others down there.

Hung said:
spotthemackem said:

OK, thanks for the advice. I'll tell you what, if we meet you again at Wembley this year and we (as is likely), beat you again, we'll all jump up and down outside the ground and scream and shout and put on a little display for you if that would make you happier.

I've heard a lot of the 'Sunderland fans are the salt of the earth' bollocks. I suppose that our problem is that we go to Wembley so often, we are not going to be as enthusiastic as if it was our first final since Adam was a lad. It's the same with most things. If you have Miss World as a girlfriend, you appreciate the 1st fuck far more than the 101st fuck. You'd still enjoy it a lot, but you wouldn't be telling your mates about it any more and it would essentially be just another fuck.

I wish Sunderland well, I like the people from the North East and I hope they stay up. I hope your fans have another day out or two to Wembley ending in disappointment after losing to us, but spare me the 'Sunderland would know how to celebrate' shite, because with respect, Sunderland may not get there for another couple of decades whereas City will probably get there on a yearly basis, so you need to make the most of it whereas we don't.

On the game, creditable display from plucky Sunderland, but every stat suggested City should have won it, which we did. If Yaya and Nasri hadn't pulled those two out of the hat, most likely that somebody would have side footed a couple in from 6 yards at some point in the game.

Enjoy the DvD, gripe about what could have been and most importantly, good luck in the relegation fight, because if you go down, getting back could take a long, long time. For the record , I'd much rather Sunderland stay up than most of the others down there.

After reading that, are you sure about that last bit?

After reading the replies to spotthemackem's post I think BlueTilDeath sums it up best. Walking back to Wembley Park Sunderland fans were asking why we were not singing. In a mixed group it just feels like you're rubbing it in a bit. didn't do it at Stoke, Wigan didn't do it and we didn't do it at weekend.

If it was United it would have been a different story mind...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.