LEAGUE CUP WINNERS 2013/2014!! Post Final Thread

MuzMcfc said:
I've got a feeling O'shea a couple of others were running out to give Ki a right thrashing for losing Yaya / not closing him down ...

How much that goal meant to everyone was mega, the whole team/supporters erupted

I don't like O'Shea but I thought his comments on the pitch were very complementary and he summed up the game perfectly

Would want to echo what others have said that Sunderland put up a hell of a fight and can hold their heads high. On another day they bring that cup home. On this day, we found a few world class strikes and get to celebrate. Could tell it meant a lot to them--the fans were loud and the players seemed to feed of it.

For us, this is a great first step that can hopefully provide additional confidence for what lies ahead. I think there's tremendous value in playing in these high pressure matches, giving the players a higher standard to draw upon when the going gets tough.

Absolutely ecstatic about the result.And so was I during Yaya's goal.What a superb effort.And even more so after Nasri fantastic finish.I was rather disappointed after the first half had ended,Sunderland outplayed us and once again I feared the worse (knowing of course what happened last time we visited Wembley).But thankfully we stepped up in the second half and won our first trophy of the season.Hoepfully they'll be more to come.It wasn't a typical blues performance but the result was all that mattered.Can't wait for Wigan (and Uwe to come back of course)!

thefullwellstep said:
taconinja said:
thefullwellstep said:
I would not take too much notice of most on there, if you are aware of the idiots you just ignore, but if not you take their posts seriously, but it takes time on there to know who to ignore.
There are also a lot of posts of various threads with nothing but praise for your supporters, for helping making it a great day despite the loss.
Are we jealous? By god we are, we would love a little success, let alone the success that you will have in years to come. The Sunderland fans there yesterday if you did bump into them, would have treated you with respect and friendliness (I Hope) and hopefully that came across as most stayed to watch you get trophy and clap you out of the ground.
It, in my opinion, was a great weekend, made the better by 2 sets of great supporters. The vast majority of your supporters know what it is like not to have any success, and that showed in the respect you showed us.
Once again (I said this in another thread) well done lads, enjoy the win, and thanks for a great day. And most of us want you to win the league over anyone else of the possible contenders, and to come second in the FA Cup as we could have another day out together.
By the way, I'm curious as to how your fans view your current situation. Do you feel confident in Poyet, or still reserving judgment? And do you feel you'll avoid relegation?
cant speak for all but 99% are right behind Poyet, he has in all honesty done an amazing job after taking over a shambles from Di Canio. We gave other teams an 8 game head start! We are playing better football, got to a final, in a quarter in another and beat the mags twice. Touch and go if we stay up. We need to beat teams at home that are down there with us. We seem better against better teams (strangely) as they try to attack and we play on break. We don't really have guile to break teams down who sit back. Here's hoping but will be desperately close and awful tension till the end. We have a chance now, we were all but down in October! Even if we go down, people want Gus to stay.

It's an odd one.

Based on the football Poyet has got Sunderland playing you would think that they are worth a top ten finish next season - if they do stay up and get rid of one or two in the summer and add one or two more, you can really see Poyet taking them somewhere. Certainly they are no worse than Newcastle and Southampton and arguably a fair bit better.

But first he's got to keep them up, and whilst there are more than 3 worse teams that Sunderland in the division, one point was it from the first eight games has given them a lot to do in the last quarter of the season.

Was like an old fashioned Final.........................credit to all fans......at the match.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/mar/02/manchester-city-wembley-win-sunderland-capital-one-cup" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... al-one-cup</a>

Wonderful to win The League Cup after so long and a thrilling way to do it. It seemed like Wigan all over again at HT but wow, what a comeback and great goals.

It is said that Wembley is no place for losers. Yes I hate losing (who doesn't) but Sunderland fans made it a great day too. Hope they stay up (but let's beat 'em when we play 'em). They are brilliant, sporting fans. They've always been class.

Remember, that game back in '91 when they came to Maine Rd needing a win to stay up (Denis Smith was the manager and they had players like Marco Gabbiadini). Sunderland actually played better than City for the most part and were beating us 2-1 but Peter Reid's side turned it on for about 15 mins and we won 3-2. Sunderland brought about 12,000 that day and they were awesome. Very noisy, and loyal. You could hear them 20 mins after the game had finished. Wonderful. Always had a lot time for the Mackems.

teddykgb said:
Would want to echo what others have said that Sunderland put up a hell of a fight and can hold their heads high. On another day they bring that cup home. On this day, we found a few world class strikes and get to celebrate. Could tell it meant a lot to them--the fans were loud and the players seemed to feed of it.

For us, this is a great first step that can hopefully provide additional confidence for what lies ahead. I think there's tremendous value in playing in these high pressure matches, giving the players a higher standard to draw upon when the going gets tough.

Congratulations on your win. I said before the game that I would have fancied us against a lot of teams but just couldn't see us beating you at Wembley.
We played well but your extra quality and special players created 2 special goals that killed us.

I've been to Wembley now (old and new) 5 times and we haven't won any of them. I stayed and applauded you lifting the cup and had a tear or two as obviously absolutely gutted. Don't know if we will ever win anything, but we keep hoping.

I hope you win the league and somehow turn over the 1st leg deficit and go on to win the champions league. Is it ok if we take the FA Cup that being the case, have we got a deal????

haway the lads

stony said:
Genuinly hope you do mate, and I hope it's a happier outcome for you. Unless you're playing us of course.
Best of luck for the rest of the season and despite the amount of ex rags that are infesting your team I hope you stay up with games to spare.

Burtonblue said:
Good analysis of events.
Thought your fans were brilliant before, during and after the game. You made the day more enjoyable for all of us through your behaviour particularly after the game when you must have felt pretty low.
With the manager and players you have you will definitely do well.
All the very best for the rest of the season.

Cheers :) Good luck in the title race

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.