League or Champions League?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by hcblue95, 15 Feb 2019.

?

Which would you rather win?

1. Premier League

86.5%
  2. Champions League

13.5%
  1. Manchester33

Manchester33

I've seen us win the Prem x 4. I've seen us win everything domestically. I'd love to see us win the Champions League more than anything in a one off season.

However, we've won 2 leagues consecutively. If we win it this year we join a small group of clubs to do three in a row. No one has ever done 4 in a row. That would be something really special.

So, for balance, I'll settle for nothing less than a Champions League/Premier League double this season. If we don't get that I'll expect Pep and co to be sacked. The bald fraud.

keith's curle likes this.
  2. vmsuhail

vmsuhail

Got your point but you can also similarly make up hypothetical league results. City won 1 game and all the remaining 379 matches were drawn. City wins the Premier League.

3. super_city_si

super_city_si

I chose Champions league as we havent won it and I;d love Dave to lift it before he leaves us. However, that is based on early season antipathy and I fully expect my fervour for the PL will increase as the season goes on with increased saturation of media dipper twats giddiness

Kirkstall Blue likes this.
  4. keith's curle

keith's curle

I want us to win every competition we're in, so I want the quadruple. Greedy probably, but I can live with that.
    That doesn't mean I'll be disappointed if (ok, when) we don't do it, I certainly wasn't disappointed last season. But I wasn't disappointed because we did win the PL as part of the treble, if it'd been the CL instead I still wouldn't have been disappointed, but I wouldn't have been quite so delighted.
    As others have said, this season we're on for a third consecutive PL so it's got to be the priority. I'd also agree with those saying if we win it 4 times in a row without the CL then the CL will be the bigger prize (even though the PL will still be 'better'). If I was offered this season's PL and CL double now, I'd take it sooner than the domestic treble again for the same reasons.
    That said, I still want the quadruple and will do until we're out of one of the comps.

(I'm still struggling to get my head around the fact we're even able to have this discussion...)

5. mat

mat

Win everything.

Shit or Bust.

Unlike other clubs if we finish the season with fuck all we can't say we didnt fight in every game.

Eccles Blue and OskeeWowWow like this.
  6. herrock

herrock

Champions league as long as anyone but Liverpool or Utd win the league instead of us!

7. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

Champions League but only providing we win the PL too.

8. Damocles

Damocles

9. Blue Elvis

Blue Elvis

As reported in City News post today's Champions League draw :

"Txiki added that, while the Champions League is very much a trophy City want to win, dominating domestically remains the top priority for the Club."

A view shared by the majority of City fans too !!!

CTID

Psychedelic Casual likes this.
  10. franksinatra

franksinatra

Win the league is the most important thing. Its a judgement over 38 matches, facing numerous challenges, rather than two-legged ties where a certain amount of luck is required.