League or Champions League?

Which would you rather win?

• Total voters
The premier league for me everytime. You face every team home and away in all conditions with every team giving it 100% and the fan's desperate to beat you. It is so tough and you have to be on your game all the time. It is a long hard slog.

The champions league isn't even that anymore but as it's the top few club's in each country's league's the standard should be higher and it generally is. I just can't take to it and I'm not sure exactly why but obviously all the stitch up's and the ffp farce hasn't helped. It has surprised me as I grew up when we won the cup winners cup in 1970 and went to all the home games and loved every second.

I guess it carries the glamour with your Real Madrid's and Barcelona but I don't like it. These days only being shown on BT with no free to air highlights it isn't even high profile in this country anymore. One thing I can guarantee though if we do ever win it it will get the smallest amount of coverage ever and be forgotten by the media the next day

From a personal point of view it is, and always will be, the PL.

But I can also see that, from the point of view of the club, it is very important that we shake off the label of underachievers in the CL.

I’m not sure I agree with you on burn out. After the Chelsea thrashing on 10 feb I don’t think we were at our fluent best for the remainder of the season, apart from the shalke game. It was a case of grinding out results. I can’t say for sure that fatigue cost us the Cl tie against Spurs, but with the sort of schedule we had there was always the likelihood of a poor performance just when we couldn’t afford it.
More like Pep over thinking the first leg, instead of just going for it and Sergio’s shocking penalty. But we will learn I’m sure a come back better with a bit of luck.

From a personal point of view it is, and always will be, the PL.

But I can also see that, from the point of view of the club, it is very important that we shake off the label of underachievers in the CL.
And the reason we are "underachievers" is because UEFA have done everything in their power to make it harder for us and that's if you totally ignore any conspiracy theory from the seeding that keeps being changed the squad size that was only applied to some clubs, prize money, supporter "bans" disproportionate fines this list goes on and on

And the reason we are "underachievers" is because UEFA have done everything in their power to make it harder for us and that's if you totally ignore any conspiracy theory from the seeding that keeps being changed the squad size that was only applied to some clubs, prize money, supporter "bans" disproportionate fines this list goes on and on
I would have a expected a different response, given your username !

I would have a expected a different response, given your username !
No it is what it is, I think given everything we have done OK in Europe and any comparison to say how long it took united to win their first CL isn't fair because we haven't been playing by the same rules, indeed Liverpool haven't either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.