Leaked Pics of NYCFC Stadium

SWP's back said:
ell said:
leewill31 said:
How do you come to that conclusion when Manchester city own NYCFC?

We share the same owners. Im not sure a football club can own another football club?

Its like Watford fans supporting Udinese. Im from Manchester not New York and I support Manchester City. Thats it really.
No, Manchester City own it. Manchester City bought it in conjunction with the Yankees.

Not Sheik Mansour but Manchester City Football Club

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2013/May/Club-announcement-New-York-City-FC-to-launch-21-May" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2013/M ... nch-21-May</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/21/manchester-city-new-york-yankees-major-league-soccer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... gue-soccer</a>

Fair enough. I must be missing something though because everyone is getting excited about it Im just not sure what we are getting excited about? I love City but Ive never even been to New York so I dont really see why as a City fan I would be interested?

Graceyboy said:
With that open stand, does it mean when we move Dzeko out to graze in US, he will be shanking his volleys into the river?
Yeah, like those two world class volleys he "shanked' into the back of the net last week.

Barcon said:
Each to their own mate, glass and concrete doesn't impress me anymore.

I understand where you're coming from, and whilst the Utah Stadium is impressive, I find that the newer stadiums impress me more than the box standard ones with 4 identical stands.

That's why this stadium (although it looks like it won't be NYCFC's Stadium) caught my eye.

It would be so easy to construct something like the Emirates, but smaller. For me that would give off the impression no thought process has been put into it at all.

If NYCFC are looking to make a statement as the first MLS franchise to *actually* be within the NYC boundaries, I would fully expect the stadium (and Campus?) to make a similar statement too.

Can we rename this the NYCFC MLS Las Vegas thread? or NYCFCMLSLVT for short? :P

Graceyboy said:
With that open stand, does it mean when we move Dzeko out to graze in US, he will be shanking his volleys into the river?

Theres enough Dzeko threads to bash him in. Lets not clog this one. I think the stadium looks great and have family in New York so will definatly visit.

BosnianDiamond said:
Graceyboy said:
Yeah, like those two world class volleys he "shanked' into the back of the net last week.
DO you have an alert every time a keyword is posted such as "Edin" or "Dzeko" or "shanked"?

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
It's all very pretty but its bollocks.

The stadium will be in Flushing Meadows. Planning and authorisation has already been granted, had to be before the MLS sanctioned the franchise A location in Manhattan was considered, hence the concept drawings, but ultimately was decided to built the stadium at Flushing Meadows because of the already existing infrastructure in place there.

Regrettably false. It's true that MLS' rules say that a club has to have solid plans in place for the construction of a Soccer-Specific Stadium (i.e. you can't just share a baseball stadium for the long term) if not an actual SSS built already, but Don Garber (head of the MLS) was so desperate to get a team inside NYC proper that he basically ignored this rule entirely. NYCFC has no planning permission for Flushing Meadows, and strength of opposition is so great in the area that even with the Yankees' property lawyers on our side (they are the sole reason we invited the Yankees to join in) NYCFC is on the verge of abandoning the area - and probably the borough of Queens itself - entirely. Thus, plans for other areas are back on the table.

Well just my opinion, personally I'm manchester born and bred but I am really looking forward to NYCFC and I will follow them, obviously not as passionately as MCFC but I have a big interest in them already.

Yes the way americans choose and follow teams sounds awful and the way the league is played out with play offs etc is a bit minging but this feels like City going to the moon and back for some reason.

It's also all a bit comic book too which I like - which is a bit odd! - Just been thinking - imagine Spiderman swinging around that place in a movie or Stark Tower protecting it? Bizarre but I'm sure marketing depts will be jizzy at the prospect of possible deals.

The stadium - superb - that is an inspiring view and will remind players of the place they are representing and playing for. I know manchester's skyline is not as iconic but if the Etihad was built on a raised area and we cut away the roof behind the goals to show our City, well the thought of it takes my breath away.

SWP's back said:
BosnianDiamond said:
Graceyboy said:
DO you have an alert every time a keyword is posted such as "Edin" or "Dzeko" or "shanked"?

He has a point though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.