Leaked Pics of NYCFC Stadium

cleavers said:
I'm probably in a minority that doesn't really care less about a team playing in New York, its not MCFC. I understand about the commercial aspects of the deal, but they'll never really mean anything to me, and the money required to build them may actually reduce the impact we have as Manchester City.

This. Couldnt give a toss about this New York team to be honest its got nothing to do with MCFC

As I live in the United States, I can't wait for New York City FC to start playing in the MLS, it will at least give me a "horse in the race" to support and ability to watch meaningful football during the off-season.

ell said:
cleavers said:
I'm probably in a minority that doesn't really care less about a team playing in New York, its not MCFC. I understand about the commercial aspects of the deal, but they'll never really mean anything to me, and the money required to build them may actually reduce the impact we have as Manchester City.

This. Couldnt give a toss about this New York team to be honest its got nothing to do with MCFC

How do you come to that conclusion when Manchester city own NYCFC?

ell said:
cleavers said:

If they fly the flag and tie in with City directly, good luck to them. Anything sky blue is welcomed by me.

Very exciting.

I hope i'm not in a minority but i'm really looking forward to this new chapter of City.
This can only be a good thing for our eventual ambitions IMO.

If circumstance allows i intend on being there in 2015 to witness the first game.

leewill31 said:
ell said:
cleavers said:

We share the same owners. Im not sure a football club can own another football club?

Its like Watford fans supporting Udinese. Im from Manchester not New York and I support Manchester City. Thats it really.

cleavers said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
I'm with you. I'm also concerned about where the fans are going to come from. Red Bull fans will stay where they are and Cosmos fans are creating their own team so where are the x thousand fans currently not engaged in either of those clubs going to come from?
Can't say that concerns me either, anyone in New York who wants to follow Manchester City, will do just that, we'll get enough coverage there anyway, no great need for another club that I can see. I understand the global coverage concept, and the partnership ideas, but are we going to have a team in every country eventually ? There may be an opportunity to get young players from any of these franchises, but that will take time, and ultimately will they be good enough, or even get work permits ? In some ways I can see it even diluting Manchester City, that's of no great interest to me, could clubs in markets like the US actually become the chief club in a number of years ?
None of that worries me in the slightest and I think it is a great idea.

ell said:
cleavers said:

It is owned by MCFC.

ell said:
cleavers said:

fucking hell ell...

ell said:
leewill31 said:
ell said:

We share the same owners. Im not sure a football club can own another football club?

Its like Watford fans supporting Udinese. Im from Manchester not New York and I support Manchester City. Thats it really.
No, Manchester City own it. Manchester City bought it in conjunction with the Yankees.

Not Sheik Mansour but Manchester City Football Club

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2013/May/Club-announcement-New-York-City-FC-to-launch-21-May" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2013/M ... nch-21-May</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/21/manchester-city-new-york-yankees-major-league-soccer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... gue-soccer</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.