Lech Posnan tonight

greenie said:
the more i read of poznan, the better it sounds, can't wait to get over there and see what they are like at home
I've already pointed that out in other topic, but it will certainly be a night to remember, if you liked what you saw last night. And you may be quite surprised to see how it is when ALL the stadium sings ALL the time. And I really mean ALL the time. After the game with Salzburg the local media reported, that some of the buildings couple of hundreds meters from the stadium were actually trembling during the game. :)
Come to Poznan, we're lookin forward to welcome here as many of you guys as possible.

mcfcmatt said:
It did go off though in weatherspoons, we were in there when it happened.
Glasses were flying like fcuk at 17:30 in the afternoon.
The Police closed the pub and wouldn't let anyone out at first, and this old lady was about 90, frail and she was crying. Fair play they let her out though.
It was pretty mental tbh, one english lad (don't know if he was a Blue) got a right hiding by this Pole that looked like some sort of gladiator, he was fcuking huge!

i heard about this, didnt a bouncer get bottled? who was kickin off? city n poznan or were the poles fightin between them selves?

Glazers_Wallet said:
mcfcmatt said:
It did go off though in weatherspoons, we were in there when it happened.
Glasses were flying like fcuk at 17:30 in the afternoon.
The Police closed the pub and wouldn't let anyone out at first, and this old lady was about 90, frail and she was crying. Fair play they let her out though.
It was pretty mental tbh, one english lad (don't know if he was a Blue) got a right hiding by this Pole that looked like some sort of gladiator, he was fcuking huge!

i heard about this, didnt a bouncer get bottled? who was kickin off? city n poznan or were the poles fightin between them selves?

I was there,no one was bottled and bloke had few slaps from gladiator. That bloke start it(dont know if that was city fan),best thing that he was whit two mates and they run away in 2 sec.

LechFan said:
greenie said:
the more i read of poznan, the better it sounds, can't wait to get over there and see what they are like at home
I've already pointed that out in other topic, but it will certainly be a night to remember, if you liked what you saw last night. And you may be quite surprised to see how it is when ALL the stadium sings ALL the time. And I really mean ALL the time. After the game with Salzburg the local media reported, that some of the buildings couple of hundreds meters from the stadium were actually trembling during the game. :)
Come to Poznan, we're lookin forward to welcome here as many of you guys as possible.

Is it a long walk from the ground to the town center mate ? really looking forward to this. That was the best away support we've had at eastlands, quality !

Pole said:
For all those writing on page 16 of this topic, how do you feel now?? Have you seen these hordes of wild hooligans from "Eastern" Europe demolishing Manchester?? I didn't. What I have seen was fantastic supporters enjoying the game and supporting their team.

I am Pole, but I support City for 7 years. I was shocked last night when Asian doorman didn't let me in to Mary D pub because I am Polish. I'm going there for nice pint before every game. I spent there few hundred pounds overall. I showed him my Season Card and he couldn’t miss City cap on my head, but it was still not enough to let me in. Today I sent an email telling this story to M.E.N, because that was nothing else than racism.

I think that some of you guys should use their brains instead of believing in everything what M.E.N and BBC are giving you as fact.
Believe me, no one in Poland will announce that in few weeks time few thousand English hooligans coming to Poznan. They will be talking about football fans…

well said that man. Take the fact you were discriminated against as far as you can pal. Fuckin wrong that.
A young Polish couple were at the bar in the Townley and got herded out by the fuckin goons on the door just because they were not English.

kimmy85 said:
Glad to see some city fans are so accepting of people wanting to come and spend money at our club!!!

I was sat in my usual season-ticket seat when around 20-25 Poles were sat infront....all very friendly until they scored.....when the gutless wonders behind me wanted them out....but guess what...they were sat ten rows back!!!

Those Poles had spent their good money at our club, and the club had sold them the tickets. Yes they had celebrated and that was not their brightest moment...but the club was at fault for selling them the tickets in the first place and no way should they have been removed and shouted at by some ignorant fans who are so happy we are playing in a european cup...but refuse to accept a little banter and are happy to shout from ten rows back where they are not going to come to any harm!!

And when i defended them i got a mouthful!! From the men on the terraces who are still as misogynist as they were 30 years ago!!!

I take it you sit in front of me. Do you wear glasses and sit next to a ginger lad?

My take on this was: they scored and they jumped up. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. The dancing up and down in our stand was a little antagonising to some of the people sat at the back. They are a bit grumpy at the best of times. When it calmed down. That big Pole sat on his own was asked by the stewards to move, he looked at them and ignored them. Then the police came, still he wouldn't move. Then the police had to move along the row from both sides, and predictibly some blues at the back started chanting 'OUT! OUT! OUT!'. I think it was at this point you lost it(no offence like).

The lad you got into a argument was out of order insulting you. Pissed up people do stupid things. (He left early for example!)

The right course of action was taken with the Poles though. If they'd scored again, you could have a riot on your hands. They instead were moved into the 'away' end to watch the last 30 mins of the match. Job done, we scored a 3rd. Everyones happy.

Final word: There's a really bad vibe in 211 at the moment. About 6-8 blues nearly started a fight between themselves a few weeks ago. We're all blues, and luckily enough to be sat right near the away fans. All this anger should be directed at them. Love each other! ;O)

allan harper said:
Is it a long walk from the ground to the town center mate ? really looking forward to this. That was the best away support we've had at eastlands, quality !
I'm afraid it is quite a walk, about four kilometers (c.a. 2,5 miles). But don't you worry about that. And the Old Town is pretty cool. And the beer is cheap as water (about €2 for half a litre).

SouthStand211 said:
kimmy85 said:
Glad to see some city fans are so accepting of people wanting to come and spend money at our club!!!

I was sat in my usual season-ticket seat when around 20-25 Poles were sat infront....all very friendly until they scored.....when the gutless wonders behind me wanted them out....but guess what...they were sat ten rows back!!!

Those Poles had spent their good money at our club, and the club had sold them the tickets. Yes they had celebrated and that was not their brightest moment...but the club was at fault for selling them the tickets in the first place and no way should they have been removed and shouted at by some ignorant fans who are so happy we are playing in a european cup...but refuse to accept a little banter and are happy to shout from ten rows back where they are not going to come to any harm!!

And when i defended them i got a mouthful!! From the men on the terraces who are still as misogynist as they were 30 years ago!!!

I take it you sit in front of me. Do you wear glasses and sit next to a ginger lad?

My take on this was: they scored and they jumped up. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. The dancing up and down in our stand was a little antagonising to some of the people sat at the back. They are a bit grumpy at the best of times. When it calmed down. That big Pole sat on his own was asked by the stewards to move, he looked at them and ignored them. Then the police came, still he wouldn't move. Then the police had to move along the row from both sides, and predictibly some blues at the back started chanting 'OUT! OUT! OUT!'. I think it was at this point you lost it(no offence like).

The lad you got into a argument was out of order insulting you. Pissed up people do stupid things. (He left early for example!)

The right course of action was taken with the Poles though. If they'd scored again, you could have a riot on your hands. They instead were moved into the 'away' end to watch the last 30 mins of the match. Job done, we scored a 3rd. Everyones happy.

Final word: There's a really bad vibe in 211 at the moment. About 6-8 blues nearly started a fight between themselves a few weeks ago. We're all blues, and luckily enough to be sat right near the away fans. All this anger should be directed at them. Love each other! ;O)

i saw this aswell im down near the front of 210, the polish guy looked like a right unit,
we were shocked that so many left with him!
didnt see the other blues giving each other grief but thats well shit if they were

Skirt Lifter said:
Glazers_Wallet said:

I was there,no one was bottled and bloke had few slaps from gladiator. That bloke start it(dont know if that was city fan),best thing that he was whit two mates and they run away in 2 sec.

Poznan fans started singing, and were quite loud but doing nothing wrong.
Next thing it's going off, somebody told me that this lad had told them to shut the fcuk up (not a good idea when the Pub is full of Poles!)
Ivan Drago was pulling him towards the doors on the floor and he tried to struggle so he just cracked him again then threw him towards the bouncer.
Bouncer didn't say sweet FA and then the Coppers nicked the lad who had been decked.
So a good night for him!

The ticketing policy should have been better organised, border line embarrassing having so many poles knocking about in the home end!

Having said that, the away fans were brilliant. That's how an away trip should be, wish I could go to the return leg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.