Led Zeppelin

What’s your best quality 77 tour boot mate? I’ve got Listen To This Eddie on a 3 cd set, but I’m keen get the best quality I can from that tour - it has my favourite set list of any of their tours.
I have the 4 LP set called Destroyer which is a sound board recording and fantastic. The Mike Millard recordings are that good that they have been used by Zeppelin themselves

Here's a few from my Zeppelin collection:

1977-04-27 Cleveland (The Maximum Destroyer [30th Anniversary Edition]
1977-05-21 Houston-The Dragon Snake-Empress Valley record Label
1977-05-22 Convention Centre Fort Worth-SBD-Lirio Remaster
1977-05-25 Capital Centre Landover (Maryland Moonshine)(SBD)
1977-05-26 Capitol Center Landover-Double Shot II-EVSD-SBD
1977-05-28 Capitol Center Landover-Double Shot I-EVSD-SBD
1977-05-30 Capitol Center Landover-SBD-Double Shot EVSD 580-581-582
1977-06-07 MSG New York-Magical Sound Boogie EVSD Flac
1977-06-11 MSG NY-SBD-1st Gen-Speed Corrected
1977-06-19 Sports Arena San Diego-Taper Mike 'The Mike' Millard-Master Cassette
1977-06-21 LA-Listen To This Eddie-Def Edition-Wendy records
1977-06-23 The Forum LA-Mike 'The Mike' Millard 1st Gen-JEMS
1977-06-25 Inglewood LA (Delirium Treatment)(Mike Millard)
1977-06-27 The Forum Inglewood- Taper Mike Millard-JEMS-1st Gen-dadgad Remaster

I have the 4 LP set called Destroyer which is a sound board recording and fantastic. The Mike Millard recordings are that good that they have been used by Zeppelin themselves

Here's a few from my Zeppelin collection:

1977-04-27 Cleveland (The Maximum Destroyer [30th Anniversary Edition]
1977-05-21 Houston-The Dragon Snake-Empress Valley record Label
1977-05-22 Convention Centre Fort Worth-SBD-Lirio Remaster
1977-05-25 Capital Centre Landover (Maryland Moonshine)(SBD)
1977-05-26 Capitol Center Landover-Double Shot II-EVSD-SBD
1977-05-28 Capitol Center Landover-Double Shot I-EVSD-SBD
1977-05-30 Capitol Center Landover-SBD-Double Shot EVSD 580-581-582
1977-06-07 MSG New York-Magical Sound Boogie EVSD Flac
1977-06-11 MSG NY-SBD-1st Gen-Speed Corrected
1977-06-19 Sports Arena San Diego-Taper Mike 'The Mike' Millard-Master Cassette
1977-06-21 LA-Listen To This Eddie-Def Edition-Wendy records
1977-06-23 The Forum LA-Mike 'The Mike' Millard 1st Gen-JEMS
1977-06-25 Inglewood LA (Delirium Treatment)(Mike Millard)
1977-06-27 The Forum Inglewood- Taper Mike Millard-JEMS-1st Gen-dadgad Remaster

Cheers for that. Will have a proper listen over next few days. I must admit Destroyer is the other one I’d already heard of (but never heard).
They fascinate my live, because they always refused to have any extra musicians on stage, unlike say Pink Floyd, who had the good sense to draft in Snowy White in the mid 70s. In the modem era bands like Muse and U2 got away with it more with their effects, and infinite delay etc but in the 70s I nearly always think their sound is weedy live. Page never compromised on his studio recordings, Achilles being notorious for the number of guitar tracks and overdubs, but they then struggled imho, to reproduce it effectively live. Ten Years Gone is interesting cos it sounds like 2 guitars plus drums without the bass. Of course Rush used bass pedals so their live sound never seemed compromised, unlike Zeppelin. I do still enjoy their recordings for the ahem spontaneity and jamming though.

Cheers for that. Will have a proper listen over next few days. I must admit Destroyer is the other one I’d already heard of (but never heard).
They fascinate my live, because they always refused to have any extra musicians on stage, unlike say Pink Floyd, who had the good sense to draft in Snowy White in the mid 70s. In the modem era bands like Muse and U2 got away with it more with their effects, and infinite delay etc but in the 70s I nearly always think their sound is weedy live. Page never compromised on his studio recordings, Achilles being notorious for the number of guitar tracks and overdubs, but they then struggled imho, to reproduce it effectively live. Ten Years Gone is interesting cos it sounds like 2 guitars plus drums without the bass. Of course Rush used bass pedals so their live sound never seemed compromised, unlike Zeppelin. I do still enjoy their recordings for the ahem spontaneity and jamming though.
I've sent you a PM re Zep Boots

What are the thoughts of this forum on Greta Van Fleet?
I like them, they’re young, high energy and have a very Zeppelin sound.
I’ve heard them slagged off as a Led Zeppelin cover band but I’ve not heard them do an actual LED Zeppelin cover and they’re apparently endorsed by Robert Plant?

Edit; here’s an example for those who haven’t had s listen

Last edited:
I’ve heard them slagged off as a Led Zeppelin cover band but I’ve not heard them do an actual LED Zeppelin cover and they’re apparently endorsed by Robert Plant?
Some good songs but their album was a letdown.

Edit; here’s an example for those who haven’t had s listen

Their first album is such an obvious imitation of Zep that it made me cringe and inevitably just made me want to listen to the real thing. The singles from the upcoming album are better, they seem to be finding their own sound more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.