Lee Croft

I'm almost certain Lee Croft is innocent. What the ball boy did is pathetic but sadly familiar to those of us who remember how Sheffield United behaved during the Tevez season at West Ham. If they'd actually earned enough points to stay up then there's not a chance in hell that they'd have commenced legal proceedings against them. Now they play League One football whilst managed by a man who is Wednesday through and through!

peoffrey said:
I'm almost certain Lee Croft is innocent. What the ball boy did is pathetic but sadly familiar to those of us who remember how Sheffield United behaved during the Tevez season at West Ham. If they'd actually earned enough points to stay up then there's not a chance in hell that they'd have commenced legal proceedings against them. Now they play League One football whilst managed by a man who is Wednesday through and through!

Then they'd have had no reason to. If a murder victim hadn't been murdered, there'd be no murder enquiry.

citykev28 said:
peoffrey said:

Then they'd have had no reason to. If a murder victim hadn't been murdered, there'd be no murder enquiry.

Would they not? West Ham broke the rules or they didn't. i.e. The murder still happened.

peoffrey said:
citykev28 said:
peoffrey said:

Would they not? West Ham broke the rules or they didn't. i.e. The murder still happened.

Considering Sheffield United went to court for loss of earnings due to their relegation from the Premier League, I reckon they'd have been laughed out of court for trying to claim for loss of earnings due to relegation from the Premier League had they actually stayed up.

peoffrey said:
citykev28 said:
peoffrey said:

Would they not?

No.

citykev28 said:
peoffrey said:
citykev28 said:

Considering Sheffield United went to court for loss of earnings due to their relegation from the Premier League, I reckon they'd have been laughed out of court for trying to claim for loss of earnings due to relegation from the Premier League had they actually stayed up.

You've completely missed my point. If West Ham had been fielding an ineligible player and Sheffield United had stayed up then they wouldn't have cared whether he'd have been able to play or not. It's only because it affected them and they were clutching at straws.

fatbloke said:
Apparently he said "give the fucking ball back ****", ball boy is claiming he said "black c***".
Just seen it now. If Croft did indeed use the word 'black', he deserves to have the book thrown at him. However, if he didn't and he did just call the ball boy a ****, I wouldn't blame Croft in the slightest. While we would probably laugh it it was done to the opposition at the Etihad, it looks a cheap shot and petty by the ballboy. Both sides should be treated the same.

jimharri said:
fatbloke said:
Apparently he said "give the fucking ball back ****", ball boy is claiming he said "black c***".
Just seen it now. If Croft did indeed use the word 'black', he deserves to have the book thrown at him. However, if he didn't and he did just call the ball boy a ****, I wouldn't blame Croft in the slightest.
Eh? You reckon it's all right to say, "give the fucking ball back" and to call the lad a '****', assuming it's a word beginning with 'c', but it's not all right to call him 'black'? I don't know what the lad did to get old windmill-arms Crofty wound up, but I can't think of an occasion when a professional footballer would need to use such language to a ball boy.

another generation said:
, but I can't think of an occasion when a professional footballer would need to use such language to a ball boy.

Professional footballer being the operative word there. None of them are the brightest are they? They are above the rest of us mere mortals, and therefore have carte blanche to say what they want to whomever they want. Unless it's racist, of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.