Lee Dixon

Strangely, most Arsenal fans believe he's still a City fan and blows smoke up our backsides all the time in his commentary. I'm not defending his commentary last night which was extremely poor in my opinion. I would say that he isn't a '****' or 'thick' by any stretch of the imagination and, on the few occasions I've met him, generally quite good company with a decent sense of humour. He's definitely an Arsenal fan due to playing 600+ games for them in a very successful team but his City roots are genuine (both his parents lived in Moss Side around Heald Place). He was born in Withington, grew up in Styal and I doubt very much that Roy would've needed to pay his wages at Stoke where he was POTY two years on the run which earned him his move to Arsenal.
I honestly don't think football is anything other than a means to a (financial) end for him these days and that he'd rather be doing something else which I think shows in his commentary.

Such a miserable ****. I cannot stand ITV coverage of England games. It's bad enough on the BBC, but when the game is inevitably boring the last thing you need is a miserable fucker like Dixon commentating and draining any remaining life out of you.

That Matterface/Dixon combo can seriously damage your mental health. I ended up watching the match on Sky Calcio via my firestick. Mercifully, I couldn't understand a word that was being said as it was clear they were laughing their bollocks off at our performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.