"Lee Mason. Oh Dear"

Bluekiwi said:
blueju said:
stony said:
Cheers Ryan

Anyone notice the hull player celebrating clenched fist in the air cos he'd got komps sent off?
Yes I did and it pissed me off
Jelavic. Unclassy as fuck to fist pump the sending off of an opponent. I remember Batistuta applauding the ref right in his face when he sent Beckham off in 98', something that also pissed me off, (that's when I gave a fuck about England). I'm sure it goes on all the time, however, but it is very unclassy.

Astley Lad said:
Sometimes I think it's about how teams are perceived. Teams like Stoke, Sunderland, Hull and other teams that are fighting relegation are perceived as being generally more physical than passing teams like City and Arsenal, so in some ways referees are pre-conditioned as to how they are going to play before the match starts. Even teams like Chelsea, Everton and Man U are looked upon differently than us. It's not right, because standards should be the same throughout, albeit we know that will never happen and in some ways it's what makes the game so watchable.

From the players perspective I think we've got to be very careful in everything we do on the pitch and how we react to decisions that are made during games. Forget the games against Barcelona, they're one offs and Barca are the masters in feigning fouls, it's naivety and poor discipline that could come back and bite us on the arse in the Premiership. Losing Kompany against Fulham isn't ideal but should be manageable, losing him against Man U would be serious. Our defenders need to learn to stay on their feet better and not go to ground so quickly. Yes, Kompany was fouled, but then he gave Mason the opportunity to red card him and, guess what, he did. Sometimes, like MDM against Messi, accept you've been beaten, trust to luck and hope Hart can save it. Better to be one down with eleven men on the pitch than one down with ten.

Same with Yaya who, on occasions, comes across as petulant when decisions go against him. Imagine the impact if we lost him for the game against Arsenal because he'd hurled the ball down in temper and got a second yellow following his first, for kicking the ball away. Sometimes it's not easy to think straight in the heat of the game, but that little extra professionalism might earn us a point or two more over the season, and that point could win us the league.

It's hard to disagree with that. Extending on this I've stated on here before the disadvantage of having our biggest names - and most vociferous and influential on the pitch - being foreign.

There is an incalcuable value in having a Gerrard for example approach the ref on first-name terms.

As pathetic as it undoubtedly is officials are prone to be star-struck around the Gerrards, Rooneys and co and subsequently give them a friendlier ear.

I've seen Vinnie several times reason articulately and calmly with an official to absolutely no avail and wondered how that would have played out if he'd been born in Basingstoke or Toxteth and represented England a hundred times.

It's a bit much to think that there are going to be Premiership referee's that don't support a Premiership club. And even if they don't officiate a game of the team that they support they will still ref games that have an impact on that team practically every weekend throughout the season. What you expect is that professionalism and integrity in their careers makes it all a mute point and if the FA think that that isn't the case over a sustained period then they should be sacked.

jay_mcfc said:
It's a bit much to think that there are going to be Premiership referee's that don't support a Premiership club. And even if they don't officiate a game of the team that they support they will still ref games that have an impact on that team practically every weekend throughout the season. What you expect is that professionalism and integrity in their careers makes it all a mute point and if the FA think that that isn't the case over a sustained period then they should be sacked.

I think it's fair enough for managers to suggest that a Manchester referee shouldn't referee a game involving Manchester clubs (regardless of who he claims to support). Dubious decisions are always going to happen, but you'd like to think that this is monitored and patterns of poor decisions looked at very closely. Seems like common sense to me that this should happen.

Lucky Toma said:
Astley Lad said:
Sometimes I think it's about how teams are perceived. Teams like Stoke, Sunderland, Hull and other teams that are fighting relegation are perceived as being generally more physical than passing teams like City and Arsenal, so in some ways referees are pre-conditioned as to how they are going to play before the match starts. Even teams like Chelsea, Everton and Man U are looked upon differently than us. It's not right, because standards should be the same throughout, albeit we know that will never happen and in some ways it's what makes the game so watchable.

From the players perspective I think we've got to be very careful in everything we do on the pitch and how we react to decisions that are made during games. Forget the games against Barcelona, they're one offs and Barca are the masters in feigning fouls, it's naivety and poor discipline that could come back and bite us on the arse in the Premiership. Losing Kompany against Fulham isn't ideal but should be manageable, losing him against Man U would be serious. Our defenders need to learn to stay on their feet better and not go to ground so quickly. Yes, Kompany was fouled, but then he gave Mason the opportunity to red card him and, guess what, he did. Sometimes, like MDM against Messi, accept you've been beaten, trust to luck and hope Hart can save it. Better to be one down with eleven men on the pitch than one down with ten.

Same with Yaya who, on occasions, comes across as petulant when decisions go against him. Imagine the impact if we lost him for the game against Arsenal because he'd hurled the ball down in temper and got a second yellow following his first, for kicking the ball away. Sometimes it's not easy to think straight in the heat of the game, but that little extra professionalism might earn us a point or two more over the season, and that point could win us the league.

It's hard to disagree with that. Extending on this I've stated on here before the disadvantage of having our biggest names - and most vociferous and influential on the pitch - being foreign.

There is an incalcuable value in having a Gerrard for example approach the ref on first-name terms.

As pathetic as it undoubtedly is officials are prone to be star-struck around the Gerrards, Rooneys and co and subsequently give them a friendlier ear.

I've seen Vinnie several times reason articulately and calmly with an official to absolutely no avail and wondered how that would have played out if he'd been born in Basingstoke or Toxteth and represented England a hundred times.

but maybe that horrible grating scouse accent goes against them with some refs

Balti said:
Lucky Toma said:
Astley Lad said:

but maybe that horrible grating scouse accent goes against them with some refs

Did you notice on Sunday when good ol' Stevie had a chat with Clattenburg after an incident then patted the ref on the backside as they parted? If Yaya had done that he'd be banned for three games!

Dirty Harry said:
KippaxCitizen said:
r.soleofsalford said:
because he`s one of 3,000 people world wide thats supports Altrincham and although his family are united season ticket holder he himself isnt.

8-}
Anthony Taylor is a Sunderland fan.

Says not here mate :- <a class="postlink" href="http://www.altrinchamfccsh.com/anthonytaylor.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.altrinchamfccsh.com/anthonytaylor.pdf</a>

Anthony Taylor has been a member of the Select Group of referees since the 2010/11 season, after an eight-year career officiating
non-league and Football League matches. An Altrincham resident and supporter (season ticket holder),

Anthony Taylor (born 20 October 1978)[1][2] is an English professional football referee from Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester. He supports non-League side Altrincham.[3]

Dirty Harry said:
KippaxCitizen said:
r.soleofsalford said:
because he`s one of 3,000 people world wide thats supports Altrincham and although his family are united season ticket holder he himself isnt.

8-}

Says not here mate :- <a class="postlink" href="http://www.altrinchamfccsh.com/anthonytaylor.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.altrinchamfccsh.com/anthonytaylor.pdf</a>

Anthony Taylor has been a member of the Select Group of referees since the 2010/11 season, after an eight-year career officiating
non-league and Football League matches. An Altrincham resident and supporter (season ticket holder),
Kippax citizen has been rumbled long ago

SWP's back said:
Dirty Harry said:
KippaxCitizen said:

As a Sunderland fan?

squirtyflower said:
SWP's back said:
Dirty Harry said:

As a Sunderland fan?
Oh no, he is a big big blue I am sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.