Leeds 2015/16 thread

If anyone want's to know why I have an issue with that horrible club and it's horrible fans it's because I had a couple of horrific experiences there in 1976 and then again in 1979.. Even in those days kicking, punching and spitting at a 15 girl was way below the belt unless it was Leeds

Refused to step foot into that place again until 2002 when we played them on the opening day of the season.. We managed to get seats in the West stand, didn't wear colours or anything but because we didn't jump up and cheer when Leeds scored after about 15 mins we became a target for some vile verbal abuse.. After a few minutes of this a couple of stewards came and told us that we'd be advised to leave which we did... In fact we were ready to go anyway.. As we made our way out the abuse was utterly disgusting.. Don't forget, this was the best stand too, very close to the directors box. When we got through the opened exit gate one of the stewards said... 'Right, fuck off home now you Manc woman and don't come back'

So fuck them.... I know I'm not alone here... Many fans of other clubs up and down the country have a story to tell when they've visited that awful place not to dissimilar to my own. There is a very good reason why they are so universally hated around the world

If anyone want's to know why I have an issue with that horrible club and it's horrible fans it's because I had a couple of horrific experiences there in 1976 and then again in 1979.. Even in those days kicking, punching and spitting at a 15 girl was way below the belt unless it was Leeds

Refused to step foot into that place again until 2002 when we played them on the opening day of the season.. We managed to get seats in the West stand, didn't wear colours or anything but because we didn't jump up and cheer when Leeds scored after about 15 mins we became a target for some vile verbal abuse.. After a few minutes of this a couple of stewards came and told us that we'd be advised to leave which we did... In fact we were ready to go anyway.. As we made our way out the abuse was utterly disgusting.. Don't forget, this was the best stand too, very close to the directors box. When we got through the opened exit gate one of the stewards said... 'Right, fuck off home now you Manc woman and don't come back'

So fuck them.... I know I'm not alone here... Many fans of other clubs up and down the country have a story to tell when they've visited that awful place not to dissimilar to my own. There is a very good reason why they are so universally hated around the world
I had decided to go to every single game in the 90-91 season.
Ellen Road was being redeveloped and only had an away capacity of about 800.
We drew Leeds in the Full Members Cup which wasn't an issue and it was easy to get a ticket. I drove over early for the game, which was a couple of weeks before we were due to play them in the league. As I was early I went in their ticket office, a portakabin, to get a ticket for the league match. When they asked me for which stand I quickly looked up at the prices and bought a ticket in the most expensive stand, thinking I'd be safe in their.
On the day of the league game I again went straight over from work and had left my suit on with my City shirt underneath.
I was in the stand opposite the TV cameras now, with their Kop to my right. I kept my head down and read the programme through and through and thought if anyone spoke to me I'd pretend I was mute! A girl in her early twenties sat next to me and she had Leeds tattooed across her forehead, charming.
A scuffle broke out in the Kop after they scored and she stood up shouting "it's a Manc, they've found a Manc, kill the bastard kill him" as I slunk further into my chair.
We equalised and then Andy Hill got the winner with eight minutes left. I left my seat and walked to the back of the stand near the steps and was sorely tempted to reveal my City shirt, Superman style, but thought better of it shouted City, and just legged it from there back to my car and raced home.

Hope they disappear for good.

1979? The late Kiddo equaliser game? That's where my hatred of them stems from as well. I got twatted after the game as I passed behind that end stand (not their Kop end, the other one) to get back to the coach park. I had just turned 16 and couldn't punch my way out of a saturated paper bag. Still can't, actually. Didn't stop a bloke from landing a couple of hefty digs on me. Luckily, his mate saw I wasn't up for it, dragged his mate away and told me to "fuck off, while you still can". Never went back there. I hate the club and the neanderthals following it with a passion.

There will always be takers of the desperado type. Huge kudos if you can finally get some momentum going. If not, 2 years pay for 3 months work.

I checked this out - this manager only issues 1 year rolling contracts.

Rosler made a big mistake going there. He should have waited for a better opportunity. It was only going to ever end one way for him.

All the good work and kudos he built up at Brentford has gone down the shitter with this and the Wigan job.

I had decided to go to every single game in the 90-91 season.
Ellen Road was being redeveloped and only had an away capacity of about 800.
We drew Leeds in the Full Members Cup which wasn't an issue and it was easy to get a ticket. I drove over early for the game, which was a couple of weeks before we were due to play them in the league. As I was early I went in their ticket office, a portakabin, to get a ticket for the league match. When they asked me for which stand I quickly looked up at the prices and bought a ticket in the most expensive stand, thinking I'd be safe in their.
On the day of the league game I again went straight over from work and had left my suit on with my City shirt underneath.
I was in the stand opposite the TV cameras now, with their Kop to my right. I kept my head down and read the programme through and through and thought if anyone spoke to me I'd pretend I was mute! A girl in her early twenties sat next to me and she had Leeds tattooed across her forehead, charming.
A scuffle broke out in the Kop after they scored and she stood up shouting "it's a Manc, they've found a Manc, kill the bastard kill him" as I slunk further into my chair.
We equalised and then Andy Hill got the winner with eight minutes left. I left my seat and walked to the back of the stand near the steps and was sorely tempted to reveal my City shirt, Superman style, but thought better of it shouted City, and just legged it from there back to my car and raced home.

Hope they disappear for good.
I know those were darker days of the game, but a small part of me can't help but wish I could experience what it was like back then. I've grown up with a game which has been largely sanitised. Yes, I used to go to Maine Road and a few away games as a kid in the late 90s, but I can't really remember what that was like. Most of my match memories are from the 00s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.