Leeds 2015/16 thread

I know those were darker days of the game, but a small part of me can't help but wish I could experience what it was like back then. I've grown up with a game which has been largely sanitised. Yes, I used to go to Maine Road and a few away games as a kid in the late 90s, but I can't really remember what that was like. Most of my match memories are from the 00s.

are you sure some games / grounds were totally mental and not for the faint hearted. don't forget we grew up with it but I don't think anyone would really want to be just parachuted in without that conditioning I don't think even I would want to go back and at the time I took most of it in my stride

are you sure some games / grounds were totally mental and not for the faint hearted. don't forget we grew up with it but I don't think anyone would really want to be just parachuted in without that conditioning I don't think even I would want to go back and at the time I took most of it in my stride
It was character building and edgy.

I think it's more of a wanting to get a feel of what it was like be in the stands, with the lads, no nosing stewards or day trips out to worry about. Not so much the getting chased around the back streets fearing for your life!

I think it's more of a wanting to get a feel of what it was like be in the stands, with the lads, no nosing stewards or day trips out to worry about. Not so much the getting chased around the back streets fearing for your life!

Milwall away a few years ago the one with the lock in 1-1 bradbury bottled it and missed a sitter that was the game for that in the recent past
Must admit I really enjoyed that night.

You can't really have one without the other
Tell you something though, you had to be fitter in those days

You have a very romantic, "rose tinted specs" view of what it was like back then. I suppose, if you liked a scrap ("you" being in general, not you in particular Smarties), then there probably was a buzz to it. But if you were like me (scared of your own shadow), it was a grim time to be travelling away to watch City.

Got kept in the car park for nearly two hours.
Got home early in the morning and had to be in work for 8am
I liked the bit where the tried to appease the city fans by offering all the pies and hotdogs they had left'
The one thing that stuck with me that night : there was a pay on the night turnstile into the City end I was shocked non of the Milwall massive fancied paying into our end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.