leeds a big club?

kismet said:
tend to agree De Niro, being the only club in a major city they should have far more support and attitude for success.

Their only real success came when the legendary Man City player Don Revie built them a great team out of nothing. Now that is a great manager, similar to Clough, build a team with little cash. Ferguson has spent over £600 million...............
Brian clough would be a brilliant manager for us right now.can you imagine all the egos being flattened, tevez get dressed you're not playing:)

Couldn't agree more De Niro he would sort a few out, to win the European Cup twice on a limited budget with such a provincial club is incredible.

Liked the film the Damned United but with Revie being ex City, I am biased towards Don.....his performance in the 56 final was incredible, only the other week Bert Trautmann said all City need now is a Revie to be a dominant figure in midfield. I heard that City were going to induct Don into the City Hall of Fame this year but heard nothing.......

I am still staggered that when Leeds had a special testimonial / tribute game for Don , only 8,000 turned up......incredible.......

I am also disgusted with the FA who refused to send a representative to Don's funeral after the England debacle........

As for Leeds I wonder if with hindsight they would have wanted the Ridsdale era again where they had some great European nights, but it set them back financially years..........

I think they will be back one day

manclad said:
Blue Smarties said:
I like Leeds.

You,ve obviously never had to endure the hatred and bile from those sheep shagging Yorkshire bastards on a visit to Elland Road.
I guarantee you that you would never "Like Leeds" again if you did turn up there.They are a very close 2nd to the red bastards on my list of twattish fans.

I wouldn't want to run a burger van when they are in ton either.

manclad said:
Blue Smarties said:
I like Leeds.

You,ve obviously never had to endure the hatred and bile from those sheep shagging Yorkshire bastards on a visit to Elland Road.
I guarantee you that you would never "Like Leeds" again if you did turn up there.They are a very close 2nd to the red bastards on my list of twattish fans.

Going to Elland Road is like visiting Soddam and Gomorragh. Hell on earth..........

I took an immediate dislike to Leeds when Trevor Cherry (ask yer father) scored a late winner to knock us out of the 3rd round of the cup about thirty-odd years ago. Nothing has happened since to change my mind.
And I'm not one to bear a grudge...

ANY1aBLUE said:
de niro said:
dont make me laugh, the ground is half empty and they want promotion.

same size as us - don't get arrogant, that was us once (and not so long ago either).

We want to win the FA cup and we wanted to win the Europa but we never filled our ground or opened two of our top tiers for those games either. Pot, kettle, black.

If my Dad wasn't a Leeds fan, then I probably wouldn't be a City fan.

His utter hatred of Man Utd left a lasting impression; it just backfired a bit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.