Leeds (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Job done. We did the damage midway through the first half & coasted our way through the rest, in a stroll of a match.

I thought Gundog, KDB & Lewis were outstanding. Ilkay missed the penalty which would have sealed the match, but he can be forgiven for wanting to achieve the first hat trick of his career, but we should really have secured the points before thinking of such things. Pep's face was a picture! Oops! :-)

I've heard Akanji being criticised for Leeds' goal. I've no idea what he was supposed to do! The ball came at him low & rapid & he headed it back where it came from, but it hit Rodrigo & bounced into his path for their goal.

I hope Aké's injury isn't too serious. The three points was most important, so objective achieved. It was a potential Fat Sam banana skin avoided, so roll on Real on Tuesday.

You cant act like that haalaand was arrogant there no easy games we got lucky today he should of taken the pen.We cant also be playing like that in the second half why do we always do this? madrid would punish us and brighton also we got lucky last week and this week
We got lucky today.?

Whats more concerning for me than the penalty incident is the performance of some of our players today, Mahrez (bar the assists) and Alvarez were shockingly bad for consecutive games. They will be called upon vs Everton and they need to perform better.

2nd half pace was too slow after 60 mins but we were still creating chances so not to concerned, 3 points is most important.
I thought Mahrez was very good. He has three assists in the last two games

Looks like I’m going against the grain on here and fans in the ground, but I thought we played pretty well.
2-0 up and in complete control.
If it wasn’t for the mistake Leeds wouldn’t have got anywhere near our goal.
Once they scored we were back in control.
The frustration was the the missed chances, the penalty, Haaland should’ve had at least 3 and Alvarez could’ve had 1 or 2.
We put away a few more chances and everyone is talking about a good controlled performance.
I’ve never seen such nervous energy as there was in the ground today while we were 2-0 up.
I even had to tell my brother to calm the fuck down.
3 points is all the matters regardless of how we think we’ve played.
COME ON NEWCASTLE!!!

All good until the last 5. No sense going mad about the Gundo penalty 90% would have been glad handing him had it gone in. Didn't dampen a solid display from him and uf anything it still shows that even as good as we are there is always something else to work on.

Last edited:
Agree - it smacked of showboating and we don’t do that - I’m fairly certain Pep will clarify things - 3 pts though and we move on, hopefully MardArsenal will drop points tomorrow

A kick up the jacksie witha steel-capped boot usually clarifies things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.